Item not as described, looking at feedback options

A bike I just bought hasn't quite lived up to its description by the seller. I intend to contact the seller to express my disappointment and ask the seller to consider a partial refund. I will supply pics to back up my view. If the seller is totally uncooperative/unreasonable, I intend to leave negative feedback. If they give me a partial refund amount that's a bit less than what I want, I might consider leaving neutral feedback. 

My questions:

1) Can the seller leave me negative or neutral feedback that will diminish my 100% rating?

2) If I leave the seller neutral feedback, does it reduce their 100% rating?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Item not as described, looking at feedback options

You say just bought but the only bike I can see in your buying history is Peugeot 25 Girls womens mountain bike, if that is the one then it clearly states there are scuff marks and you can see rust spots on the handlebar in one of the pics and the brakes don't work so if that is the one I wouldn't have expected it to be in anything but slightly below average condition for it's age, as the seller so aptly put it.

I am amazed that you are even thinking about feedback! What has feedback got to do with anything until the transaction is over?

If you feel that it is significantly not as described then you should contact the seller but keep in mind that the only way you can force a refund if to open a Paypal dispute and then return it at your own expense by trackable means.

If I were the seller and I thought you were being too picky I would tell you to go ahead and open a Paypal dispute and I wouldn't give a stuff if you left me a neg if I thought the bike had been correctly described.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

You purchased a 2nd hand bike for less than the asking price as your offer was accepted. The postage was freight/courier charge which is rather cheap really, and Im now thinking you are in buyers remorse!  ??  !

There were plenty of pics for the listing, and as far as I can relate, the seller did describe it well enough to ascertain what it was you were actually getting.... so please tell us WHY you feel its not as described?

Honestly, if you leave a neg for this seller, than it says more about you than it does for them!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Bicycle is in exceptional condition for age, few scuffs, brakes need minor adjustment, tyres are original and as you can see have little to no wear.

exceptionalUnusual = not typical.Unusually good; outstanding.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

My point is the image/thoughts that  the seller "imagineered" into the buyers mind would include

Exceptional =  Well above average; extraordinary

tyres original with little to no wear

How much use would you reasonably expect a bicycle has had that has the original tyres with little or no wear?

If the bike was not well above average and appear extremely lightly ridden then I would feel that the bike

hasn't quite lived up to its description

How about you?

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Bicycle is in exceptional condition for age

That is where the problem lies, the seller has probably seen many bikes as old as this one in terrible condition so thinks the condition is exceptional for it's age.

Perhaps the buyer has a bike of a similar age that is in better condition so does not consider it exceptional.

I still say that being able to clearly see rust spots on the handlebars and the seller says it is scuffed they have not wrongly described it at all.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply