Item not as discribed returing to China

I purchased a coat from a Chinese seller  lovely glossy add with sizes and plenty of info . I was charged $20 delivery for a 1.2klg parcel all good thought  till it turned up ! .Well the size I ordered  was a 4XL  as I'm a big person the size is at best a large .The material was advertised as leather but  was actually pvc .So I promplly opened a return case item not as described  .Waited a few days and received advise that the seller was happy to refund my money  and i had to send it back to China, then i get a message from Ebay that the seller is unable to print a postage label  and i would have to pay this end and ebay would ASK the seller to refund the shipping .I posted it back today $53 for tracked parcel   Do you think the seller will be refunded me the postage out of the kindest of their heart .... I dont think so .     

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Keep everything you do within the eBay case and you should get a refund for all.

It may need some chasing up with eBay but you should get the return postage refunded as well.

Darn Chinese, anything for a buck.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Keep everything you do within the eBay case and you should get a refund for all.

It may need some chasing up with eBay but you should get the return postage refunded as well.

Darn Chinese, anything for a buck.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

image host
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for the advise , you've  brighted up my bad hair day !

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Half the problem about buying from China is not only the sometimes dubious quality of their products, but also the fact that their postage is subsidised by their govt.

Chinese sellers rely on the fact that they pay nothing or virtually nothing to send to you, but you'll pay through the nose to send it back and are therefore more likely to end up keeping it as it is too expensive to do so.

I hope you get your money back, but I'm not holding my breath as I think you'll be in for a battle.

Assuming the seller: 1) gave you the correct return address 2) actually accepts the parcel.

Did you communicate the COST of the parcel to the seller before you sent it? It's one thing for the seller to accept the return, another to know if they actually agreed to the cost of postage.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Good luck getting the return postage refunded. It's almost impossible from overseas sellers, especially the untouchables.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

A little light (haha) reading for you.

Don't let it time out.   Ask ebay to help as soon as it lets you.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#refunds

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

2015weal
Community Member

@rapadaan wrote:

I purchased a coat from a Chinese seller  lovely glossy add with sizes and plenty of info . I was charged $20 delivery for a 1.2klg parcel all good thought  till it turned up ! .Well the size I ordered  was a 4XL  as I'm a big person the size is at best a large .The material was advertised as leather but  was actually pvc .So I promplly opened a return case item not as described  .Waited a few days and received advise that the seller was happy to refund my money  and i had to send it back to China, then i get a message from Ebay that the seller is unable to print a postage label  and i would have to pay this end and ebay would ASK the seller to refund the shipping .I posted it back today $53 for tracked parcel   Do you think the seller will be refunded me the postage out of the kindest of their heart .... I dont think so .     

@rapadaan wrote:

I had a faulty iphone sent from China, they wont accept any returns despite advertising 12 month warranty and ebay

cant help, Dont buy from China, they are unethical and total liars!

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

2015weal
Community Member

I had a faulty iphone sent from China, they wont accept any returns despite advertising 12 month warranty and ebay

cant help, Dont buy from China, they are unethical and total liars!

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

cant help, Dont buy from China, they are unethical and total liars plus ebay will worm their way out of any problems that arise!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply