Item not performing as described

I purchased 3 x 300watt solar panels  in October 2020, but they only perform to 150 watts each, not good when I rely on the full power for my camping equipment. The seller agreed to either refund me $420 ie half the purchase price, or send 3 more panels to make up for the lack of power. I asked for the refund, but despite 3 requests they still have not credited my PayPal account, although they said they had tried to put it through & they now no longer answer my messages. What can I do next? As it is over the 30 days for eBay to step in I could really do with some advice.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Was it the seller with caravania in their ID ?  If it was when you look at their feedback it shows they are registered in China. The stalling tactics and/or promises of a refund are very common by those sellers to delay you until you are past the times when you can open a dispute.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There's probably nothing you can do about it now, it's well past both eBay's and Paypal's time limits. Your only recourse is to try a chargeback if you paid with a credit card, but it's probably too late to do that as well.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Unfortunately, if you were not satisfied back in October, you should have opened an "Item Not as Described" case. You would have had a set period in which to do so. If that time frame had passed, you then could have opened a case in Paypal, as they give 180 days. If the seller was based in Australia, they would have had to send you a postage label for a return and a refund. If they were overseas, they would only have been able to refund you.

There really was no need to go back and forth and try and negotiate an outcome with the seller - Ebay gives you the tools to handle disputes, but unfortunately, if you don't use them, there's not much else we can do so late in the game.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply, I tried them in October & they charged a battery up ok, but I only found out the panels were faulty, when I went camping in May this year & they went through the regulator in the caravan. The seller accepted that the panels were not performing as they should, hence the agreed refund. However, the seller is not sticking to this agreement, so it seems I must grin & bear it & put it down to an expensive experience!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Was it the seller with caravania in their ID ?  If it was when you look at their feedback it shows they are registered in China. The stalling tactics and/or promises of a refund are very common by those sellers to delay you until you are past the times when you can open a dispute.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply, still seems wrong that such sellers can get away with this tactic, but they obviously know that there is nothing more I can do.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply