Item not purchsed through ebay, suspected scam

I have an item on my Paypal activity, that says it was an ebay purchase, but it was not.

I suspect it is a scam and want a refund through paypal,

I can email you the details

Thanks

Tony

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are on the forums here, not in direct contact with Ebay.

Did you get an email about this purchase, or did you actually log in to Paypal as it will tell you if it is a purchase, or a subscription when you look at the transaction.  If you only got an email, I hope you didn't click on any links.

You can double check any subscriptions under your Account/Subscriptions.

If it is an actual purchase, then what does it show you when you look under MyEbay/Purchase History? Is there something there? Does anyone else in your household have access to purchase on your account?

Another possibility is that you signed up for Ebay Plus and did not remember to cancel it after the trial period. This should appear in your subscriptions section.

There are lots of possibilities, but you need to do a little investigation first.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is the amount around $49.00 ?  If so it's probably the eBay Plus membership fee where you have signed up for the free trail and didn't cancel the membership before it became due.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buying-ebay-plus/buying-ebay-plus?id=4755

BTW, eBay doesn't read here, we are just members like yourself.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You are on the forums here, not in direct contact with Ebay.

Did you get an email about this purchase, or did you actually log in to Paypal as it will tell you if it is a purchase, or a subscription when you look at the transaction.  If you only got an email, I hope you didn't click on any links.

You can double check any subscriptions under your Account/Subscriptions.

If it is an actual purchase, then what does it show you when you look under MyEbay/Purchase History? Is there something there? Does anyone else in your household have access to purchase on your account?

Another possibility is that you signed up for Ebay Plus and did not remember to cancel it after the trial period. This should appear in your subscriptions section.

There are lots of possibilities, but you need to do a little investigation first.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply