Item not received

grommet
Community Member

Hi everyone, I have brought an item from the United kingdom in March.

The estimated delivery date was on the 2nd of April.
I have sent a couple of messages to my seller, first and second message explaining that I'm happy to wait a week each message (two messages - two weeks extra wait time)

The first reply from my seller was along the lines of wait another 4-5 days and if it doesn't turn up I'll sort it out.

Second reply was if it's lost in mail it will be reposted.
At that stage I didn't expect the seller to post out anything as I am happy to wait.

My third message to me seller after waiting three weeks past delivery date, I said to seller that I understand that with everything going on in the world, that mail would be affected and I'm happy to work with them if they have any suggestions.

My reply I got was basically there is a pandemic and to just have patience, the problem isn't with there service, my item will arrive and post offices are under lots of stress, just wait.

I did reply to the message saying I'm aware of what's going on and I did make it clear that I don't hold it against them. And that I have been waiting (happily) for over three weeks.
I finalized my message by saying I'll wait another week.
This bringing the total to 29 days past when it was estimated to arrive.

My question is how long would you wait for an item, and yes I am aware of what's going on, I'm just after what someone would call a reasonable amount of time to wait, considering what's going on.
Cheers.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item not received

Honestly, give it another month at least and don't send any more messages to the seller - people in the UK are having a horrible time right now.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Item not received

Not trying to be rude but "How long is a piece of string.

I have been waiting for an item for 10 days and that is from within the same city.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

I can't estimate what is reasonable from overseas right now

BUT. it took 17 working days from the same state for a parcel to get to me (not bought from an eBay seller)

I'm not in a remote area and neither is the seller

So, if I were to base it on *that*, I' m thinking double that time would be very best case/wishful thinking 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

A piece of string is twice as long as half its length.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

So I take it that no need to worry if item is currently 23 days late.

Appreciate your reply.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

I am still waiting on an item purchased 5th March.

image host
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

Honestly, give it another month at least and don't send any more messages to the seller - people in the UK are having a horrible time right now.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

Thanks for your reply!

As I said I understand what is going on in the world.

And was after a general reasonable waiting time frame.

You have answered my question and for that thankyou!!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Item not received

You're most welcome.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply