Item not recieved and Ebay very unsupportive

3205adam
Community Member

anyone have issues previously when sending an item(s) back to the seller after deemed faulty?  The item has gone through customs and is sitting in the local post office.  Deadline for the refund has past>

Ebay have offered no support and told me there is nothing I can do.  I have to suck it up.  $500 down the drain!?? 

very disapppointed in EBAY but want to know if the community can offer any suggestions

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are unlikely to get many replies as you have posted in the wrong place.  This is not ebay News and Information.

Try posting again in the Buying Board....that is where the action is for questions like this.

It may be quicker if you give some more information.....did you open a Return Request in ebay or did you just send it back to the seller without waiting for ebay to give you an address?

Did the seller accept a Return Request and offer to pay the return postage?

Was the item sent back with full tracking and did you enter the tracking number into the dispute so ebay could see where it was?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

thanks - will do on all fronts.  useful info

you're a star.... and fyi - I did everything ebay asked - tracking numbers, return by dates etc...

i will create that summary

Thanks Lyndal

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

That's a lot of money.

If you paid by credit card you could try a charge back through your bank.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

When you say you contacted ebay support was that by phone? Even if it was I would try again, use the call me back option (they seem to be better informed) and try again. Make it very clear that the item is tracked as having arrived and the seller is just refusing to collect it from the PO.

If you still get nowhere and ebay have closed the dispute you can open one with Paypal, if they will not refund you a complaint can be made to the FOS, that usually has them paying up if you have a solid case.

As a last resort as Lyndal says if you funded the payment with a credit card you can always ask your bank to do a chargeback.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

thats a great idea too... I might try that one

thanks imastaw

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

thanks forum junkie...

collaboration is always the answer 🙂 thanks for the advice
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Try a paypal dispute before going to a bank chargeback.

If the paypal dispute fails you still have a shot through the bank chargeback....but not the other way round.

The pecking order is ebay dispute, followed by a paypal dispute if the ebay one fails, followed by a bank chargeback if all else fails.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

thanks 🙂
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay is badly broken. Their policies encourage this type of thing. It is an appalling market place where there are far too many dishonest sellers lurking. Paypal provides little protection and in the case of faulty goods which need to be returned, the buyer loses money. This is completly unfair system and the ACCC needs to intervene. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply