Item shows as delivered but i haven't received it

My last 2 purchases on eBay (from different sellers) have never arrived, even though the tracking on both shows as 'delivered'.  My delivery address on eBay is definitely correct, so I don't see how this could happen. And I was home at the time of the 'delivery', and it didn't happen. 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Where were the items coming from?

Were the sellers registered in Australia or in China - you can see this when you check their feedback page.

Do you have the item numbers?

What was the sellers feedback like?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Purchases being marked as delivered when they have not been are quite irritating.  It is certainly a trait that needs to cease.

You may have to  lodge  enquiries through the delivery company/ companies, contact Merchants, ask Ebay for help.  If you can, provide screen photos of the tracking information. Upon investigations completed; you should receive refunds for your purchases never received; though marked as delivered.  

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@glen - the problem is that a case opened in Ebay for Not Received on items that have tracking and marked delivered will lose every time. The buyer can open a case for Not as Described, even though they do not have it.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

that would be very unfair for the seller if you mark not as described, actually a lie, then you would have to return the item to the seller.to get a refund.If an acticle is tracked and marked received, then it is up to the buyer  to make the enquiries.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Was it Aust Post or a courier delivery?  AP may have photos of where the parcels were left.  Some couriers also do the same.  Contact them to find out.  If any photos are of parcels delivered to a different house, you will need to take it up with AP/Courier.  There has been a spate of wrong deliveries in my suburb so it may be worth asking.  If the parcels were delivered correctly you may have an opportunistic thief at work in which case ask your neighbours if the've had any issues - some may have cameras installed.

Another thought is - were the parcels coming from overseas?  I've had instances when tracking said delvery when the reality was delivery to the Aust warehouse for onforwarding, not to the buyer's address.

I've even had parcels from America (USPS) where the tracking was a complete fiction and the parcels were still on their way.

You may need to do some more investigating I think besides asking eBay.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Try your local, PO, sometimes drivers may take them straight to the PO although it shouldn’t have been marked as delivered if this was the case until it was collected.  Contact Australia Post via Messenger, they extremely quick to respond and will be able to provide the delivery time and photos if available

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

If you have a garden, they might have left the items in a "safe place". Have you looked around? Usually though, at least with AusPost, the tracking does say "left in a safe place" if this is the case...

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I forgot to mention that if the sellers used the GSP items are marked as delivered when the normal postal service in the USA or the UK delivers them to Pitney Bowes.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply