Item sitting at Post Office Received Pay card

Item I bought has arrived and now at Post Office I got a  Pay card to pick up item from Aust Post. It was free postage and now she has refunded and the refund dosent cover the postage. They have no return address so Aust Post cant send them the bill so now I have to pay. This paint  Chromacryl Students Acrylic 75Ml Orange    is just like what I bought but in Red and they have many more for sale All with free postage. Do I leave negative feedback I am not happy.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Item sitting at Post Office Received Pay card

they normally go through fine

Is this an admission by the seller that they frequently send items without postage? .................. and don't include a return address it seems on purpose? ............... hoping that AP just lets it slip through.  Well, it seems to work most of the time according to their feedback !!!!!!! .......... wow

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

The seller has obviously put some postage on the package - with a $6.95 collection fee, $1.50 of which is an admin fee applied to all underpaid mail notices, that leaves a shortfall of $5.45. 

A parcel (in own packaging) is $7.45 (up to 500g), and a letter up to 125g is $2.00 - so $5.45 is the difference between those two prices.

I have a Chromacryl tube here, and unless they've changed recently, alone it measures about 3cm thick, so definitely should be posted as a parcel, in saying that, I have received packages posted as letters that were about 3cm thick myself, with no underpaid mail notices (not to me, anyway - they usually have a return address, one of them didn't - not having a return address is an issue, as well).

I can't see for sure whether you've actually picked up the package and therefore paid the postage difference (I wouldn't be - it's the seller's loss now). 

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

@hensnightfun wrote:

Message just recieved    "Sorry mate, it won't let me refund any more than the purchase amount I have already refunded you that amount. I apologise, they normally go through fine. If you don't go and pick it up you aren't out of pocket. I won't be selling any more paint only what I have left as they are to thick for a letter to post and therefore uneconomical to sell."

Just a quick thought on this one...

the seller can't refund more than you paid on a Paypal transaction, no

BUT there is zero stopping anyone from sending you money to the same email address you paid through...so easy for the seller to have sent you any extra funds. Separately to the actual refund. 

Up to them how they then sort out their accounting on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

No I have decided not to as it was pointed out I did get money back so pretend it never happened. Buy I will get to feedback for her later because that is not the way any seller shop or no shop should sell their items this way.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Is this a matter of seller putting letter rate post on it and AP have picked i up and billed it as a parcel. As opposed to them outright cheating and not paying any post. This can easily happen to anyone who uses borderline letter rates. i wouldn't trash them for that.

it is true the refund system does not allow a seller to refund any more than amount paid. However they can send a seperate 'top up" from paypal to compensate, though it will be outside the system  using paypals send money option and your email address. Advise them of this in case they didn't think of it.. or they could direct deposit it.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I always put a return add label on mine. At times AP pick up some marginal letter rate parcels due to the weight and I receive a bill from AP.

The customer has no idea of this and happily receives their item.

If this this seller put a return address on the item, more than likely the same would happen to them with the buyers unaware.

I would like to add though, my sizes are under the 20mm limit and I probably wouldn't push that spec too far......

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

To save you reading the OP and understanding the question, this quote is from said OP -

They have no return address

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply