Item sitting at Post Office Received Pay card

Item I bought has arrived and now at Post Office I got a  Pay card to pick up item from Aust Post. It was free postage and now she has refunded and the refund dosent cover the postage. They have no return address so Aust Post cant send them the bill so now I have to pay. This paint  Chromacryl Students Acrylic 75Ml Orange    is just like what I bought but in Red and they have many more for sale All with free postage. Do I leave negative feedback I am not happy.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

If they have refunded then don't pick it up from the PO, you will then be in the same position as you would be in if you hadn't purchesed it. If there is no return address AP won't be able to send it back to them. Entirely up to you but I would probably leave a neut or no feedback if they refunded straight away.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This has been handled very badly.

As the paint was not the colour that you ordered you should have opened a dispute in ebay for Item Not As Described.  The seller would have had to pay for the return postage and refund the original payment,  It they did not want the item back you would have just kept it.

Why did you accept the parcel in the first place if you had to pay for it?  If it is the seller I think it is, you have paid more for the postage than you paid for the item with free postage.

Have you tried asking the seller if they will send you the correct colour at their expense?  At least that would get you what you need even if it has cost more than buying 2 tubes of paint.

Don't leave any feedback until you have exhausted all avenues with the seller....you have 60 days for that.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Because they refunded straight away. Well actually 8 days later but  when I told them.  So now I cant open item not as described. Miss junkey says they post all the paints this way and they always get through.  Wow I sell and there is no way I would chance this as A4 it is a parcel not an A4 envelope as they sent

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

So my guess was right.  From the seller's feedback it seems that they send all their Free Postage items exactly that way...they don't pay any postage on them at all.

It probably won't do the least bit of good but I would try contacting ebay and let them know what is going on.....and make it very clear in the feedback that this is what they do.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Holy cow!       A seller who thinks 'free' postage is actually free!

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Message just recieved    "Sorry mate, it won't let me refund any more than the purchase amount I have already refunded you that amount. I apologise, they normally go through fine. If you don't go and pick it up you aren't out of pocket. I won't be selling any more paint only what I have left as they are to thick for a letter to post and therefore uneconomical to sell."

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

cheats, I would leave them a neg. You and I are paying for sellers diddling the system like this.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

i gather you received a refund before you had received the item?  Just as well, if the seller didn't actually pay for postage !! - that's astounding.

I would just ignore the AP card, or if you really want to, call into or phone the post office and let them know you won't be paying the amount and therefore won't be collecting the item.

If you have already received a refund, it's up to you whether you leave feedback - many do, but I wouldn't.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Personally i thought it was a leader to get you into store and I would have bought more but only needed that one.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply