Item too good to be true

I was thinking about getting a laser cutting/engraving machine and I feel the item price is too good to be true in a same product comparison below.

Item 181947782350 selling for $366 including free shipping

Item 221821336788 selling for $545 including free shipping

The one selling at $366 with 0 feedback rating and registered on 1/12/2015.

The one selling at $545 with 2121 (97.6% positive) feedbacks rating and registered on 16/7/2015.

Which one should I purchase and any comments or suggestions are welcome.

1688store
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Item too good to be true

I've reported my previous post as it linked directly to a listing.

HIGH PRECISE 40W CO2 LASER ENGRAVING CUTTING MACHINE ENGRAVER CUTTER USB PORT

Every single listing, both current and completed items,  by selling IDs  with 0 feedback is a fraudulent listing for a non existent item

using copy/paste of real sellers' listings.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Item too good to be true

The first one has been removed.

The second seller has feedback of 97.6% I wouldn't buy from them, that's shocking feedback. Have you read what buyers are saying?

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Item too good to be true

I wouldn't buy either. The first one has been removed so was probably a scam listing. The second one had dodgy written all over it. The seller is in China with atrocious feedback. 97% is BAD for someone with that much feedback. They say they post from Sydney, yet feedback has suggested that's not the case. They also say in the shipping section that 10% of parcels may take longer than the estimate due to customs clearance. You don't need customs clearance for domestic shipping, so that should ring alarm bells that they are posting from China.

Buyers have also complained about electrical items arriving without Australian power plugs. Others saying poor quality items with missing parts. Did you even look at the feedback? ALWAYS read feedback, especially for Chinese sellers. Their other account looks equally as dodgy. My advice is, STAY AWAY from Chinese sellers when buying anything electrical. You can almost always be assured that they will be dodgy......and if you look at both the sellers accounts, downright dangerous. Things catching on fire as soon as plugged in!

If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Item too good to be true

In the listing it stated posting to Worldwide and shipping from Sydney Australia. If you purchased it outside of Australia the customs have rights to check your package. There listing should be explained more precisely "International buyers we are not responsible for custom clearances and taxes."

Also on eBay the seller can have warehouse in Sydney, but located in Australia and if you are based in Sydney you can also have a warehouse else where like China. Not all  products are dodgy just because they are from China.

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I wouldn't buy either. The first one has been removed so was probably a scam listing. The second one had dodgy written all over it. The seller is in China with atrocious feedback. 97% is BAD for someone with that much feedback. They say they post from Sydney, yet feedback has suggested that's not the case. They also say in the shipping section that 10% of parcels may take longer than the estimate due to customs clearance. You don't need customs clearance for domestic shipping, so that should ring alarm bells that they are posting from China.

Buyers have also complained about electrical items arriving without Australian power plugs. Others saying poor quality items with missing parts. Did you even look at the feedback? ALWAYS read feedback, especially for Chinese sellers. Their other account looks equally as dodgy. My advice is, STAY AWAY from Chinese sellers when buying anything electrical. You can almost always be assured that they will be dodgy......and if you look at both the sellers accounts, downright dangerous. Things catching on fire as soon as plugged in!

If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

1688store
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Item too good to be true

Not all  products are dodgy just because they are from China.

No, but most are when they are from sellers with feedback like this one. 

image host
Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Item too good to be true

If you look at number 2 under the shipping link it says "we currently only ship within Australia".

I agree that some Chinese sellers do have warehouses in Sydney. I also agree that not all Chinese sellers are dodgy (I buy a lot from China), however, when it comes to electrical items, it's a completely different kettle of fish. When you've got buyers saying it was shipped from overseas, others saying their items are catching on fire as soon as they are plugged in, others saying they are coming with plugs not suitable for Australia, then you really have to ask yourself are you willing to risk it?

Why not just go ahead and buy it if you think the seller is reputable? I wouldn't come back here seeking advice when it all goes pear shaped though as I doubt anyone would have any sympathy for you.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Item too good to be true

trudy66
Community Member

BUYERS BEWARE

Same thing with IPL hair removal systems - false info on ebay listing saying item is located in Aust whenit isnt. I have been stung twice as wanted this for Xmas present. Relied on the location f the item being in Aust. I would not have purchased from overseas. I have learnt a lesson - do not buy from a Seller with no history.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Item too good to be true

And again:

Philips Lumea PRECISION PLUS IPL SC2008 Hair Removal System Face Legs Body

Every single listing, both current and completed items,  by selling IDs  with 0 feedback is a fraudulent listing for a non existent item using copy/paste of real sellers' listings.

ruthrcs

If you haven't done so already, log on to Paypal and see if you can cancel your payment. If you can't, open a dispute immediately and escalate to a claim as soon as the system allows.

Beware of spoof/phishing emails you may receive. Don't open them and don't click on any links.

Run all your spyware , keylogging and virus protection and change all your passwords regularly

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Item too good to be true

Thanks so much - a big lesson learned the hard way. I have been on to Ebay and they are on to it. Can only hpe now that their protections will protect.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply