Items are marked as free postage, however once in the listing postage is $21, why is this happening?

I have been looking at item number 380985724037.  It is listed as free postage however once in the listing it is marked as $21 postage.  Why is this happening? the $21 postage details are in the usual part of the listing, however in searches and my watch list it is shown as free postage....

Is this an error on ebay's part or is the seller updating it just prior to auction ending?

It is confusing but I am trying to figure out if it is an innocent mistake or a deliberate deception.

I have attached screenshots of the item in watch list and of the listing itself.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Items are marked as free postage, however once in the listing postage is $21, why is this happening?

It is a problem we have reported to both eBay and Apple.

It happens when someone lists from an iphone or similar device.

Always check postage in a listing, don't go by search results.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Postage aside why would you even bother looking with that seller's dreadful feedback.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

He's probably ticking the local pick up accepted box when listing.

He can still put in a delivery cost but eBay always headlines the lowest price first and Picking Up is free.

You could always ask him if you can pick it up and if he answers "No" report him to eBay for fraudulent listing practices.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I looked at this listing this morning and it said $21 something

I just had another look now, and it says $30.80  ?????

Must check my medication  smiley-girl-thinking_189938955.gif

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

That seller has over 4,000 listings.

A random selection of the gallery listings show free postage,

But when you go into the listings there is a postage cost.

Is it a glitch?    shrug.gif    I don't think so IMO

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

My bad..........blushing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Further investigation shows   'Free Postage for Sydney Metro area only'

As you were.................................................................................................outtahere.gif

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply