Items no show.

padela_20
Community Member

In December 2022 I purchased some shirts.  I paid and was given a tracking number. The parcel was a no show.  Contacted the seller and they sent 2nd pkg and I was given a 2nd tracking number.  Again no show.  Now I've been trying to contact the seller and they no longer trade on Ebay.  Tried all the routes to get my money back but not able due to order missing from my purchase history.  I don't think i'll be using this again!!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Items no show.

'Tried all the routes to get my money back'

Did you follow the correct process to get your money back?

That is, open an item not received dispute and followed through with it/them?

What does the tracking you were given say?

Do you have your current address listed for buying?

No point wasting time trying to contact the seller

Use the tools you are given by opening a dispute, within the time limit

The time limit is 30 days after the last estimated delivery date

Good idea not to use eBay again until you read the basics

You as the buyer have ALL the power

It is not going to help if you do not follow the proper process

The items are still in your purchase history, you need to change the drop down menu to show them.... assuming you purchased using this ID and not as a guest 

Too late now though for eBay to do anything

If you use PayPal to pay, you have 180 days to open a dispute there

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Items no show.

Not sure what you mean by "tried all the routes"? What, exactly did you do?

The problem seems to be that you did not follow any of Ebay's processes and use the tools that Ebay gives you in order to get a refund. 

The correct way to have handled it would have been to open a dispute for "Item Not Received" once the last estimated delivery date has passed. In other words, if you ordered the item on 1 December and the ETA was 20-23 December, you could have opened the dispute on the 24th, or anytime up to a max of 30 days beyond that date. After 30 days, the seller has no further obligation.

What has happened here is that the seller has "promised" to send another parcel, knowing that you have not read the buyers guide of what to do when things go wrong and that you will wait patiently while the 30 days ticks over and then they can no longer be held accountable.

It might be advisable to contact Ebay via their Chat function during business hours.

Also - read the buyers guide.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply