Items not arriving, no tracking numbers provided

I bought an item from the uk over 2 months ago it never arrived. The seller didnt mark it as posted either. Anyway I got a refund.
Then with another item (different seller) no confirmation of being sent. I emailed her and she said oh I must have forgot, then marked it as posted. Well it hasnt turned up and Im getting now to the point its going to be another scenario like the other time. At least the US sellers give you a tracking number. If only the European and english sellers would do it and cut out all this worry to us buyers. Anyone else had the same experience of late?
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Items not arriving, no tracking numbers provided

I recently had a similar experience.Item never arrived.Seller did not initially provide tracking number.I sent an email to seller via Ebay.Seller did not reply.I lodged a dispute with Pay Pal.Then a claim.Seller then provided a tracking number.Paypal said no refund as seller provided tracking number.Tracking number does not help you get your goods.My tracking number still says in transit 7 weeks later.Should have taken 5 days.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

But wouldn't that then be an issue to take up with the mail carrier (i.e Aus Post or equivalent?) because hasn't the seller done everything from their end to prove they've sent it?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Australia Post only respond to sender enquiries. The only thing a buyer can do is make sure item insured.
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Just because you have a tracking number has got absolutely nothing to do with getting a refund. If item doesnt arrive then get a refund.
If Paypal wont help contact Financial Ombudsman. I got a refund that way. After 7 weeks theres very little chance of getting your item. If you dont receive item go to resolution centre within 45 days for refund. If item arrives then just pay the seller. Simple.
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Michelle, please do not give incorrect information to others on the forums. If seller can prove item was sent then they will win and buyer will not receive a refund
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

US sellers and buyers too, are obssessed with tracking numbers. Buyers think that they are being scammed if they aren't provided with a tracking number, but I would think that the tracking number protects the seller, not the buyer.

I sell on a US site (not Ebay)

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

tstore, are you aware that US and UK sellers are goverened differently, they have a PROOF OF DELIVERY obligation, not the lame proof of postage like here in aust.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

had a spate of non arrivals all of a sudden... One had a tracking number but looked to me like it is/was generic or similar as a lot of buyers didn't receive but had tracking numbers??? Seller no longer on ebay. Wonder how water tight a shipping number is?

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I posted that as I had got a refund even with sellers proof of postage.

And as for the second item not arriving it finally did after some hard work from my loverly seller to make sure item was delivered and even offered me a refund if item wasnt received and yes they had proof of postage so even then no problem for me. Dah dah.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply