Items not as described from China

So I've bought some items from china, and two of them (different sellers) are not as described and not even close to what was pictured. One was a skirt and supposed to be medium brown and beige, not just photo but description said brown. it arrived jet black and cream, no brown anywhere, whatsoever. The other was a dress, and the fabric is totally different to what was pictured with an entirely different cut on the skirt. I learned my lesson about cheap chinese clothing... 

I have contacted both sellers. And they want me to keep the items, offering 20% discounts. The items are unusable to me, the dress looks terrible on me, and the skirt is black, not brown, so does not suit any of the tops I bought it for. They are $12 and $20, so not really expensive items, but not $2 items either, $32 is a considerable sum of money for me right now coming up to christmas.

If they were australian I'd just lodge a paypal SNAD claim. My concern is, if I lodge a not as described claim with paypal for these chinese items, will paypal make me send them back, at my cost? I don't want to keep the items, I have no use for them, but with shipping the way it is, the cost of sending them back will be more than the items if I have to foot the shipping bill.

I am not trying to get something for nothing, I just don't want to spend more than the refund is worth trying to return two items which are not at all what I ordered. The dress could perhaps be explained as chinese fake **bleep**, but the skirt? it is not brown. in any way whatsoever.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Items not as described from China

This Thread is nearly 9 years OLD>  Please check dates before replying.  This subject has been done to death.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply