Items that I am watching

I am annoyed that if I am watching an item and it becomes unavailable (eg: listing sells, ends) eBay now selects a 'LIKE' item instead of the actual watched item for me to view. This is annoying because I am not interseted in the 'LIKE' item but the actual item I have been watching for any number of reasons. Please revert back to how I viewed the ACTUAL ITEM in the past.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Items that I am watching

Thank you imastawka for that info. However, it would have been handy if eBay had noted the change when implemented.
Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Why on earth would ebay do that....they seem to take pleasure in making changes without warninand waiting to see how long it takes us to work it out for ourselves.

I doubt that the CS people would even have an answer until someone has posted it here anyway.Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

If eBay would only shout "GOTCHA" when they surprise eBay members, it would at least be something. Instead, they're like a person who hides Easter eggs in the garden but never says that they ever obtained any Easter eggs for hiding in the first place. Three years later, one is casually strolling through the garden or doing the lawn-moving, only to spot a bright glint of foil and smell the sudden aroma of chocolate...

No. Bad analogy. It's more like hiding poo in the garden that chocolate Easter Eggs.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

I even wondered the other day if those who sell the items we are FORCED to see when an auction ends (if we lose it or if we had the item on our watch list) pay something for this, but I think it is just random as eBay thinks those who have lost an auction might want to buy something similar (that in reality is completely different).

As I am a rebel, it has the contrary effect on me though as I quickly vow to myself never to buy the items I am forced to see through redirection after losing an auction.

I do the same with advertised products elsewhere. Sometimes I see "as seen on TV" in shops and I cannot believe people think this is a reason to buy them. I quickly avoid those products too.

PS: By the way, I had a look at my Did Not Win section because I wanted to look again at an item and when I clicked on it I was redirected from there too. Cat Mad

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

I have had a couple of these "items you may be interested in" pop up after losing auctions....they were all other items listed by the same seller....and two of them had already ended and one was ending in 11 seconds.   I would have been hard pressed to enter a bid and confirm in that short a time.....without even reading the listing.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Perhaps eBay is using reverse suggestion techniqiues. They don't want me to buy [item they class as "similar" to the item that's ended], so they make it pop up, engage my contrariness, and voilร  - sale not made! ... Hmm... that couldn't possibly fit in with eBay's objectives to have buyers buy, buy, buy. There can't possibly be subliminal advertising on the page that pops up, either, because I haven't bought any alternative item on eBay after rejecting the "suggested" item.

No... I think it can't be the reverse suggestion notion. It is, in fact, just as it appears - a really stupid idea.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

I used to find (and buy) quite a few interesting items from ads on the pages but that was a long time ago when listings were more interesting in my favourite buying category.
Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

To add to my last post, the ads I saw were quite relevant, unlike most of what ebay think we want to see now.
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply