Items warranties

alpino
Community Member

Hi , are all items bought on ebay covered by one year warranty ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Items warranties

alpino
Community Member

Thanks guys , it was only a  $15 item 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Items warranties

No, warranties on items bought on eBay are ONLY valid if the seller is an authorised Australian seller/reseller of the product.

In general claims of warranties on items bought on eBay are worthless.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Items warranties

NOT usually no

If the seller is not an authorised seller/re-seller of the item AND registered in Australia, 100% not

No matter what the listing says

(and no matter what the people that come to the forum every now and then claiming to be lawyers say)

eBay does not enforce a warranty where there is one, so for any claims, you need to deal directly with the seller/company

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Items warranties

alpino
Community Member

Thanks guys , it was only a  $15 item 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Items warranties

alpino
Community Member

Unfortunately I can't leave a feedback any longer  and warn other buyers about this piece of Junk I bought.

The seller obviously not going to answer my message. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Items warranties

@alpino wrote:

Unfortunately I can't leave a feedback any longer  and warn other buyers about this piece of Junk I bought.

The seller obviously not going to answer my message. 

Most items on ebay, any implied warranty is useless (unless they are authorised selelrs etc etc etc).

So hold that thought and never buy anything expensive on ebay unless you check things out.

You get 60 days to leave feedback and only 30 days after the item arrives in which to make a claim on ebay for a refund if the item isn't as described.

That isn't a warranty though. It just means if the item arrives broken or isn't as described in the ad, you can open a claim with ebay. In most cases, you'd get your money back.

It sounds to me as if that isn't what happened to you though, you bought something and after a month or two it has let you down.

Just a friendly warning: Avoid cheap stuff, especially if it is from overseas. I don't know what it is you bought but in some cases they are not only a piece of junk but could be unsafe.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply