Leave Feedback Field wont autofill

hal456
Community Member

The field to leave feedback has changed.  It used to remember what I put last, and I could just click click and feedback left.  Now I'm expected to type something fresh everytime, it's all I can be **bleep**d to do to put a single character in there.  CHANGE IT BACK.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@hal456,

It cannot be so onerous a task simply to type “All good” or a quick “Thank you”.  Would that work for you?

If you prefer to leave longer generic feedback, you can save it in a text file and copy-paste, so that the effort of more keystrokes won’t be required of you.

I should mention too that you’re not speaking to eBay by posting here; it’s eBay community members who reply, so posting “CHANGE IT BACK” won’t get an eBay response, just fellow eBayers responding with probably quite pithy replies and comments.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Screaming at fellow members is not going to change your own laziness 

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Have you cleaned your browser recently by any chance?

In most browsers there is an option to clean autofill data, so if you cleaned your browser this might have affected your ability to autofill fb.

The screenshot below is for Chrome for example, but other browsers are similar.

Autofill.JPG

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I read they are looking at changing the length of FB allowed to be left, so maybe in tinkering with this it has caused Auto fill to be disabled?

Just C&P as countess has advised, should work just as well

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Well at least I am glad it is not just me....I even rolled back Windows and my Firefox version and checked the settings.

I have been enjoying the AutoFill for the last 10 years or so, so I do hope they bring it back!

Otherwise I might have to learn about all this copying and pasteing ....Here's a try...

"If you prefer to leave longer generic feedback, you can save it in a text file and copy-paste, so that the effort of more keystrokes won’t be required of you."

And maybe swap our smart phones with tin cans and a piece of string and twitter over that lot especially at sundown would be a good eBay like historical retro event..

Actually, it is not the first time that eBay has changed or temporally changed things without telling the users..Can be unnecessarily  annoying and painful !

Just noticed this and the bottom of this posing page.

"Your content was last auto-saved at 11:36 PM"

Maybe It"s all been a moved around. 🙂

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

The boards have undergone significant improvement change in the last week or so.

There have also been changes to feedback.

All in all, eBay's IT seem to have been very very busy fixing things that didn't really need fixing, and refraining from remedying those things which did require fixing.

We can post about how those changes are negatively affecting us as eBay users, and hope that the changes are rolled back or touched up, but in the meantime (and in any event), we need to find ways to manage...

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Nothing to do with browser cache - they have changed the properties of the submission field. 

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, that is too onerous a task.  I want to , and have ALWAYS, for years and years, gone 'click click'.  Now I'm supposed to type something new every time ?  Nope. 

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

It's not about being lazy, it's about having something work perfectly replaced by something that's made it worse.  If you were the programmer responsible for adding extra unnecessary steps, I would kick your **bleep**. 

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply