Leave a product review?

amaru96
Community Member

Hi all, I've noticed that some items on ebay have product reviews while others don't.

I recently purchased an item which I received, so had no issue with the seller.

However, the item was terrible and would of liked to leave a product review. I have not found any way for me to do this, but I have seen some other items that do have product reviews.

The only way I have to leave a review is via the feedback process, which is not ideal as I didnt have an issue with the seller and it doesn't really help anyone else looking to buy it too.

Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Leave a product review?

A you referring to reviews or feedback ?

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Leave a product review?

Ok, appears you want to leave a review.

I have only found that certain items offer to leave a review and they usually come via email 30-60 days after delivery.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Leave a product review?

Asking for reviews seems to be fairly random.  And a waste of time IMO.

I've left a couple (both positive) and neither of them have been published.  Now I just delete all requests.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Leave a product review?

If the item is terrible then the seller should be aware of it, and if they continue to sell it then they should expect to get negative feedback as they're responsible for what they sell. If I listed rubbish items it wouldn't matter how nice I was to my buyers, I'd still expect to cop any flak for the actual products.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Leave a product review?

Yes I bought I macerator  trading with a warranty of 12 months which failed after 18 months. There service was very good supplying the product but no interest in supplying the faulty part or a replacement. I feel a duty of care to warn people this product is far from reliable.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Leave a product review?

First you cant name and shame on these boards, so admins will be along shortly and sort that out.

But it had a 12 months warranty,  failed after 18,  not sure what you are complaining about.

Sure 18 may be a little short for a life span,  but there are many and numerous reasons why it may have failed.   Mostly user related.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Leave a product review?

Also curious as to why you think there is any 'duty of care' after 18 months when the thing had a 12 month warranty

You make no mention of paying extra for extended warranty  

How is it 'far from reliable' you were happy when it was advertised as 12 month warranty but spit the dummy when it lasted 18 months

Sounds more like sour grapes to me

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Leave a product review?

@peterb0_15 wrote:

Yes I bought I macerator  trading with a warranty of 12 months which failed after 18 months. There service was very good supplying the product but no interest in supplying the faulty part or a replacement. I feel a duty of care to warn people this product is far from reliable.

This depends entirely on the product itself, whether this is a reasonable expectation or not - how was it priced compared to other options, how was it advertised, where was it coming from etc etc etc.

Just to say in general, warranties are almost irrelevant when it comes to how long a product can be reasonably expected to last, unless it has a warranty well beyond the average for similar items (eg life-time warranty on products that often don't have one at all).  

Extended warranties are a waste of money in the vast majority of cases, unless they provide the buyer with something above and beyond what consumer guarantees provide, which is rare - most of the time, they are just bribes up front to enforce consumer guarantees without too much argument, lol, so I guess worth it if you don't like having to enforce your rights. eg You buy a $2000 fridge with a 12 month warranty, retailer offers 3 year extended warranty and you refuse, that breaks down after 18 months (and presuming there was no misuse of the product). I can pretty much guarantee you'll still have a right to remedy (due to ACL) because it is reasonable to expect that fridge to last longer than 18 months without fault / defect. 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Leave a product review?

Same as OP.  Have no issue with seller;  as described, quick sending and great seller.

But the product is simply dangerous and other potential buyers should be warned.  Forget going to Trading Standards or ACCC etc they are more than a waste of time and taxpayers money.  All i wanted to do was put a simple product review up which would have helped someone else (could have been a great review, if a good product, as well as terrible review in this particular case).

Must admit; starting to question some of eBays tactics/policies (IE. when product reviews can be left and when they cant).  They are starting to smack of being profit-based rather than customer based...

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply