Less Sellers due to Managed Payments?

I have a list of Saved Sellers that I have bought from a number of times - some are definite favourites. 

I have't checked some of them for quite a while but tonight I went through them all and noticed that five of them haven't sold anything for over 12 months and another one (reliable - 100% feedback) is now deregistered.  It's not as though I have a huge list so this is rather unusual.

I'm wondering if eBay's new Managed Payments is to blame, and they've given up selling.

Anyone else noticed Saved Sellers that are no longer selling?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

. . . noticed that five of them haven't sold anything for over 12 months and another one (reliable - 100% feedback) is now deregistered.

I'm wondering if eBay's new Managed Payments is to blame, and they've given up selling.

the roll out of MP has been gradual, so with 5 having no sales in the last 12 months is not likely to be due to MP.

There have been many threads/posts these last 12 months about how slow sales have been . . . your favourite sellers that no longer sell may have been a victim of low sales . . . or the pandemic!

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

yes, lots have 'jumped ship'

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Has eBay rolled out managed payments in all countries at the same time?  Some of my favourite sellers were from overseas including US.

You're right Covid could be a possibility too I guess.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

They are rolling out in lots, all countries so far with the exception of those where Adyen is not available. They are doing it in stages though and foresee all being on MP by end of 2021.

MP is being rolled out now to China and other countries that Adyen does not operate in using Payoneer  as the processor

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

My selling account was suspended in April and I have only just updated my details so they might not show up if their only problem is they are slow to update, like me.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, I have noticed some have jumped ship.

One of my favourite sellers, I discovered suddenly one day went from over 1000 items for sale to nothing and all of the items I was “Watching” while I saved up for ended up in the “Ended” listings.

Now it’s showing as “Seller away until 9th June 2021”. 

Am secretly hoping that they either return under new name OR their items mysteriously return to the seller lists come June 9th because I had a lot of their items in my “Watchlist”. Just hoping but might need to source products elsewhere at a greater cost.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I'm a seller and eBay just took down all my listings because I haven't signed up for managed payments yet. My problem is that Payoneer are a pack of cretins and hopelessly slow. They keep asking for more and more documents to verify my account...it is just ridiculous. I've been going round in circles for 3 months. Now eBay takes down my listings. Thanks very much.  After 7 years of perfect service from Paypal we now have to deal with this. This may be a reason that sellers have vanished. Some may have temporarily suspended operation because of the Covid situation and/or the disaster that is Oz Post at the moment, but I think some may have decided that eBay's newfangled payments system is the last straw. I have certainly considered calling it a day on eBay, every year it is getting worse.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Sounds like your main problem is Payoneer, why not just use a normal bank account and register for Managed Payments with that ?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Payoneer-Scam/td-p/2437109/page/2

I haven't noticed any of my sellers leaving because of Managed Payments, indeed some of them prefer it to using Paypal.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

So you are complaining about Ebay taking down your listings, but in reality your issue is with Payoneer,  get a real bank account and your sign up to managed payments can be done in a few minutes.

Can you show us proof that sellers have ''vanished'', or is this another one of those motherhood statements to make your story sound better.

Nothing stopping you from leaving Ebay, it will make it better for all.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply