Linen Sellers - Customer Service. Remember That?

Twice tonight, I have emailed sellers of bed linen.

A simple question. "Can I use this valance on a 4 poster bed".

First response was "I have no idea".

Second "Look at your bed, then our pics".

😮

Seriously! What is that? Because it most certainly isn't customer service!

You've got people struggling for sales, and then sellers like this (and large sellers!) who aren't interested in selling a $100 item. Too bad if I was going to also purchase a quilt cover, matching sheets and some new pillows.

Rude fools!

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Arnl,

As a linen seller I will try my best to answer your question as I am not sure what type of valances you were asking about.

For a four poster bed you would need what used to be called a split corner valance but to the best of my knowledge they are now longer available.

You would not be able to use a wrap around style valance but if you purchased either a box pleated style or a quilted valance (which isn't the wrap around style) it is possible to adjust them so they can fit on a four poster bed. Basically you have to cut the corner of the skirt and hem it so it can sit either side of the post - hope that makes sense.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you Jen! That makes perfect sense, and that's what I thought. I was just trying to get clarification because all the valances look the same, so it's tricky to buy the right one.

And for the record to everyone else, Jen wasn't one of the unhelpful sellers 🙂

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

The chances of Jen being unhelpful are about the same as my chances of winning Div 1 on both the UK and Aus lotteries on the same day 😉

I know I bought  couple of split corner valances about three years ago so I can have a look for you (I am in the UK),if I can find any I can list them for you but postage would probably be quite high, alternative is to wait until late October when I could bring them over and post with AP

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I really appreciate the offer PJ, but I think I'm going to try to make one. (God help me!).

I figure if I need to cut and sew the corners of a bought one, I could try to just make myself one instead.

I remember those split corners ones. Kinda like a skirt. I really want one of those straight quilted ones. Judging by some of my past sewing attempts, I just might end up with a patch work quilt so I may end up taking you up on that offer 🙂

Thanks ladies.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply