Listings

Items 143471296181 , 202853727856 and 324012130819 are all listed with the same picture of an identical coin from the Pompei era , but have a different price for each , and different ending time , and as you can see 3 DIFFERENT LISTING NUMBERS WHICH REALLY SUCKS . All this with two different sellers , so my question is , " what do you do when you see these kind of listings , and is it something that is being policed ? Has anyone else seen this ? Puts me off collecting , what does eBay do about this sort of thing ?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Listings

eBay will do nothing unless alerted, with proof, that there is an issue with a listing.

I don't collect coins, but if I did I wouldn't buy them from shonky eBay sellers.

Which you would seem to be looking at.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Listings

I had a look at the 3 listings and from what I can make out, they seem to be all the same seller. Two of the listings don't seem to be running now, only the middle one.

The price seems the same to me, except one was in US dollars and one in Euros, but the estimated Australian dollars seemed pretty closely the same.

The seller seems to me to have thousands of sales under their belt and quite a high feedback score so I don't think it is necessarily a shonky seller. It looks more to me like a professional seller of coins/notes etc

The seller doesn't seem big on descriptive details. I am not a coin collector so maybe the details in the title are enough for professionals, no idea. Would I pay over $1400 for a coin, sight unseen, not a lot of detail etc? Probably not, and I think most of their sales are smaller, but it doesn't make them a shonky seller and I am not sure ebay needs to do anything about this particular seller.

That's not to say there aren't some fraudsters on ebay. Just not sure this is one of them.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply