Looking for advice on this situation

jas3y
Community Member

I was trying to purchase an item as a gift to send to someone in Singapore and I somehow ended up on an ebay Singapore site (perhaps because I was trying to ship an item to Singapore)

I made the purchase through the site, and paid via Credit Card (not Paypal.)

The item was sent to the correct address, but it ended up being the wrong item.

I contacted the seller, and we discussed the issue, they seemed ok to comply with organising a refund/return policy.
They were initially really responsive, responding almost every day to discuss further steps. 

Then they've gone completely quiet and ghosted me for the past week without any contact.

I've tried speaking to eBay about my case, but I have been told, as I purchased it on Ebay singapore, they cannot help me. 

So basically, I'm without the money I paid, and the recipient of the item has an item of lesser quality of what was originally intended. I've kept all correspondence and screenshots 

Are there any specific courses of action I can do, to somehow resolve, or get a refund on this case?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would say your only option is to try a CC chargeback with your bank.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I would say your only option is to try a CC chargeback with your bank.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Have you tried opening a case on the Singapore eBay site ?

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Hi @kopenhagen5, I have, but the site seems to be broken and I ended up going in loops. 

Sadly, I thought this would have been a much easier experience to navigate for a company that has been doing this for a long time.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks Padi, this looks like something I should look into.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Even if you got onto ebay singapore, I am not sure how much they could help you as this is a credit card purchase, you didn't use paypal.

You could try the credit card charge back.

I'd be wary now even if the seller replied and asked you to return the item for a refund. Given their form so far, you could end up out of pocket for postage plus with no refund if they went quiet again. My impression is maybe they were very responsive till they realised you had not paid via paypal or some other secure means and had no comeback.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

jas3y
Community Member

Thanks for your help everyone. I raised the issue with Paypal, and they ruled in my favour. I was refunded the cost of the item, as well the import charges too.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply