Lost item not delivered

au2013-lee
Community Member

Dear Sir/madam, my name is Lee & on the 24th March I purchased the DVD Mississippi Burning from your company. can you please confirm the following order, which was sent to the wrong address?  Are you able to please locate the item and send it to the correct address?  

The 

details of the purchase are below.

Total cost- AU $7.95

Kind regards, Lee

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Lost item not delivered

Great choice in films by the way. I saw it years ago.  From the purchase date until now even though it may seem a bit long for local purchase can sometimes be normal. Perhaps give it a few more days then open a dispute with eBay for item not received.

I hope that you get your item soon.

Cheers.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Lost item not delivered

Hi, Lee.

This is a member-to-member forum. We are not eBay staff, so we cannot help in practical terms, but only give you advice.

How do you know that the item was sent to the wrong address? Was there a tracking number that indicates it was delivered to the wrong address/suburb?

What was the estimated delivery date?

The first step when an item does not arrive is to contact the seller and see if they are willing to help. If not, you can open a case. You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Lost item not delivered

@4channel wrote:

Perhaps give it a few more days then open a dispute with eBay for item not received.

A far better primary response would be to advise the buyer to contact the seller first. Which is what eBay advises, in addition an INR cannot be opened until the final ETA has passed.

Edit. Snap Papermoon...............kind of............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Lost item not delivered

@4channel wrote:
 Perhaps give it a few more days then open a dispute with eBay for item not received.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@padi*0409 wrote:

A far better primary response would be to advise the buyer to contact the seller first. Which is what eBay advises, in addition an INR cannot be opened until the final ETA has passed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, true! And that's why I said "From the purchase date until now even though it may seem a bit long for local purchase can sometimes be normal. " meaning the ETA.

Your somewhat better suggestion does make sense as it is good to be courteous with seller and keep things friendly.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply