Magic order

I recently purchased 2 bottles of Green Calcium Tablets. 
some how and I do not know how a pair of earrings from another seller appeared and was paid for in the transaction. I had never seen these earrings before, do not wear earrings and certainly do not wish to purchase. them.   Tried cancelling them  but seller said they had already been sent. Very quick off the mark.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I have been buying on EBay for 20 years and consider myself an expert   This has me completely bamboozled as to how this could happen. 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Magic order

Thank you for your sympathy. I know it is my responsibility but everyone makes a mistake every now and then.  Online shopping should not be so ruthless. There should be a way to fix it.  I am elderly now, been buying on EBay for 25 years.  Mainly auctions.  I believe I am an expert at it.  If I sell I like my customer to be happy and satisfied. I do not wish them to feel unhappy with their purchase. I guess the world I thought I knew has changed.  I did not hear anything back from the seller after messaging them many times.  That was my main concern.   

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I usually use a computer for buying on ebay (usually buy it now products) as the bigger screen makes it a lot easier to see things at a glance. It sounded to me as if you may have been using a phone?

Online buying can be a bit ruthless on all the sites. The other day, I was buying a Tupperware item and just after I pressed 'buy', I had the thought, I should get 2 (I was buying as gifts). Too late. I could have bought another but would have had to pay the same postage over again. No way to contact anyone or have the order changed or modified.

It's just the way things are and ebay is actually a bit softer than most in that you can in fact ask a seller for cancellation and sometimes they will oblige. I have even asked for a size change on something after ordering on ebay and seller was helpful.

Don't be afraid to 'buy it now' if you ever want to. The thing to do is just check if you save something that it is to your watch list, not put into a cart. And when you click to buy, just check the price before the final click.

You're better off with things in a watch list anyway as sometimes sellers send through special discount offers.

Mistakes happen though, I know. Are you able to use these earrings as a gift, perhaps at Christmas?

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

As we said, the seller is under no obligation and will definitely not respond if you are bombarding them with messages. They don't know that you didn't intend to purchase the earrings - it's not their fault in the slightest and not their problem that you are unhappy with YOUR error.

Some sellers will cancel an order if the buyer messages them, others do not. Personally I do cancel if a buyer reaches out to me, but that's me. 

Please don't bring your age into it - it's irrelevant and is highly annoying to the diverse board members here.

You may have bought a lot, but claiming to be an "expert" when you rush through the purchase process and don't check anything appears to contradict that statement. Purchasing online carries risks, including user error. For example, many sellers (myself included) have stories about buyers who have moved home and don't update their address, rush through the ordering process and then have a heart attack when the item goes to the wrong place. 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I usually prefer to add items to my cart, springy, exactly because BIN is final and sometimes, if you wish to apply a code for example, you can see if it works or not after adding an item to the cart, while if you just click on BIN and it does not work, you are pretty much stuck with it...

I am not sure about the Tupperware (or similar cases)... I think that even if you click on BIN twice and then contact the seller BEFORE paying, the seller could still send you a combined postage invoice.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply