Misrepresented Item for sale

Is anyone else experiencing disappointment when they have received their item from an ebay sale.  Of late I have noted that may sellers are incorrectly describing their items and the end product has left me very disgruntled.  I dont like returning items but when I won't wear an article of clothing due to its state, I cannot really justify putting it in the rag bag. It is not fair and in the end will end up costing them more.  Woman Sad

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are you carefully checking the feedback of your sellers? Are you buying very cheap, only a couple of dollars items? I always think that if the seller doesn't think it is worth more than two bucks then why would I expect anything worth having. If an item is significantly not as described then I would have no hesitation making a return request on those grounds and would also leave bad feedback and a low star rating for item description. No seller can sustain a profit if they are listing a lot of not as described goods and all buyers go through the claim process.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@rocmol2 wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing disappointment when they have received their item from an ebay sale.  Of late I have noted that may sellers are incorrectly describing their items and the end product has left me very disgruntled.  I dont like returning items but when I won't wear an article of clothing due to its state, I cannot really justify putting it in the rag bag. It is not fair and in the end will end up costing them more.  Woman Sad

Everything I have bought in the last year or so, from memory, has been pretty well exactly as described.

Mind you, most of it has been new so I guess you would expect that.

But I understand the frustration behind your question. There were a few things I bought years back where as far as I am concerned, the descriptions really did misrepresent the items. items described as 'as new, excellent condition' that were quite worn with threads caught, that sort of thing.

I think I gave all the sellers positive feedback but these days, maybe wouldn't. I have not had the problem in years though, I think sellers who try too much of that these days can get thumped by buyers whereas back in the past they had to like it or lump it.

If you're really disgruntled about something, open an item not as described claim. I think perhaps you have been unlucky or had a bad run. I always re-read the ads these days and look super closely at photos but if something was misrepresented, I'd open a case.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply