Missing parcel

rebwill-8205
Community Member

I ordered a water dispenser for $330ish dollars,  I got home and found one box with the water bottle for it and one short written on it yet it was marked as delivered by the courier on ebay, I emailed the seller who said they were sent at the same time but get separated in transport and it should be there on the Monday.... fast forward and its never arrived.... the courier is adamant both have been delivered but don't have a signature due to covid and no photo was taken, ebay told the seller theres nothing they can do as it was marked delivered by the company... so now I have a water bottle with nothing to use it with, it was also a purchase through NDIS for my disabled son and right now it looks like we've just lost $300?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Missing parcel

You could probably open a case for "Not as Described".

Do NOT open a case for Non Delivery, as there has been "something" delivered to your house, confirmed with tracking, and you will lose.

There are other steps that can be taken, but first open a case on Ebay and see where that goes.

What is the sellers feedback like?

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Missing parcel

I don't think you can pin this on the seller, so their feedback is irrelevant.

The OP stated the delivery clearly noted only 1 of 2 items were delivered.

I'd be getting on to the courier, providing evidence of the noted shortfall (ie a photo showing the 1 short note) and pushing them hard on this.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Missing parcel

@davewil1964 wrote:

The OP stated the delivery clearly noted only 1 of 2 items were delivered.

I'm a bit dubious by it having written on it one short.  I often get multiple box delivered, sometimes up to 4 boxes,  all delivered on separate days.   I have never yet had a courier write on it one short,.

My red flags are going up straight away,  

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Missing parcel

OP - Is it possible that one item was stolen from outside your house?

Do you have security footage, maybe even from your neighbours?

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Missing parcel

If a consignment has two items it will be noted on the Con Note as 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.

It is quite possible that the courier noted that he had only delivered one item of the consignment.

StarTrack has some customers who refuse delivery of part consignments and if the driver has only part they will not even attempt delivery.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Missing parcel

@rebwill-8205 wrote:

I emailed the seller who said they were sent at the same time but get separated in transport and it should be there on the Monday.

Ok, this is the angle I would be working this from if it were me, assuming no other information comes to light from my Q's below.

If the seller was able to confirm this with the courier officially, then there was a record of only one of two packages being delivered. 

That means there should be a record of the second package being delivered, if it ever was, and if it wasn't, there would be no record. 

This is how it always works, AFAIK - there is a consignment number, and multiple packages each have individual tracking numbers under than consignment number, so ask for all 3 numbers if they have not been given to you yet. 

If you are dealing with the courier, when did they say the second package was delivered, or are they insisting there was only one and it's just the seller saying there was two? Or something else entirely?

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Missing parcel

@lynsh84 wrote:

If a consignment has two items it will be noted on the Con Note as 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.

Yes, I am aware of this,  As noted I get multi deliveries with multiple items, I am aware of how that works.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Missing parcel

Great feedback, and is trying to sort it with the courier 

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Missing parcel

Yeah I have 10 security cameras covering the whole house nothing was stolen and only one box delivered 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply