More hilarious seeds

Well, it seems that Chinese sellers have been having such success with their fake rainbow and black roses, and blue and purple strawberries that they are widening their reach with more hilarious fake fruits and veg.

New 100pcs Of Colorful Grape Seeds Easy Grow Garden Plants Fruit Seeds Outdoor

New 20 Pieces Blue Watermelon Seeds Rare Seeds Bonsai Fruit Seeds Home Garden

There are even more. I find it funny because I am in the business of growing rare and unusual fruit and veg but I am annoyed that apparantly so many people get taken in by these ads. I know these sort of posts are regular on here but I just thought that some of these are gettig ridiculous now.

It is so easy for someone who is new to growing food to know what is real and what isn't, I grow many colourful veg that surprise people, that I can see how they get sucket in.

Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: More hilarious seeds

I am waiting for mashed potato seeds.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

These sellers must be wearing their tinted coloured glasses at time of listing. To them it is true.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Even worse,

I thought we weren't supposed to get seeds brought here!

What happens if they have some disease that we don't have here!

Not only would we not have BLUE strawberries and knives, but no red strawberries either!!!!

I'm sure some special gardener could get blue strawberries from a normal one.

You can color plain white roses by putting tthe cut stem into water and food dye!

My old man did it.... then again, he was a trickster, so he could have replaced the rose itself.....

Now I'm going to have to call him and ask what he did...Man Wink

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

And then you get: SUPER RARE EXOTICโ™ฅRAINBOWโ™ฅMINI BANANA fruitโ™ฅORGANIC

HEIRLOOMโ™ฅQUICKโ™ฅDELICIOUS

Check the other listings across 4 ID's

This is going completely overboard and they are basically listing anything that gullible members will buy.

This site needs to put a stop to this as those sellers are laughing at them,(it's making this site look stupidoo!!),shok.gif

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Yes...these guys are raking it in. 70.94 currently 9 bidders. Sellers are a group of 3 all with secondary ID's.

I have been watching them for several years now....and buyers just fall for these unnatural, fake listings.

What can you do ?  Sit back, watch & laugh ......

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Consumer Affairs deals with scams including online scammers

Department of Agriculture is the one to contact for any illegal import of seeds

Report suspected breaches of Australian biosecurity, export or food inspection laws to Redline 1800 803 006. It is a free telephone service that you can use to confidentially report someone you suspect of breaking Australian laws. You can also write confidentially to the Department of Agriculture's Redline, Investigations and Enforcement Program, GPO Box 858 Canberra ACT 2601 or email Compliance.

Australia Post import restrictions on sending to Australia is Plants and plant products, they make no actual mention of seeds so not sure if seeds would fall under the category of plants and plant products.

And if anyone does follow it through I'd be making mention the owners of this website are allowing these items to be sold in Australia as they have been reported to them and they have done nothing about it. Maybe they can cop a fine!

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@poppy-3348 wrote:

Yes...these guys are raking it in. 70.94 currently 9 bidders. Sellers are a group of 3 all with secondary ID's.

I have been watching them for several years now....and buyers just fall for these unnatural, fake listings.

What can you do ?  Sit back, watch & laugh ......

There is four of them,(abbreviated,er9,eer9,me9 and healthy t).

All their listings have been pulled,good.gif

So this report via Email has worked,(now to keep an eye on them so they don't make a come back),ok.gif

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Rainbow Rose seed listings are down from 108 to 58,(the top bit says131 results for rainbow rose seeds but

that's wrong as there are only 58 RR listings and 4 others).

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

They have PURPLE watermelon now.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply