Multiple items bought, some faulty, should request full refund, or accept partial refund?

grpcol
Community Member

I bought four lots of this item <http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=161885081552&view=all&tid=1400338105006> (replacement inner tubes for my bicycle). I tried two of them, but both went completely flat the day I fitted them. I then used a different brand tube instead, which has been fine for the last several weeks, so I am assuming the purchased tubes are at fault. I requested a return for the tubes, and the seller offered 60% refund. Should I request full refund, or accept 60%? The time it would take to test the other tubes is worth more than what I paid for them, but I'm assuming they probably are also faulty and don't intend to try to use them.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Multiple items bought, some faulty, should request full refund, or accept partial refund?

When did you buy the tubes and what was the latest delivery date estimate? 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: Multiple items bought, some faulty, should request full refund, or accept partial refund?

@padi*0409 wrote:

When did you buy the tubes and what was the latest delivery date estimate? 

I bought 2 May, so latest estimated delivery would have been 30 May.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Edited out first part due to re reading the thread again. I forgot it was over 3 months old. Take the 60%.

In future, if you're not sure about something, pop in here and the experienced members can help you out. Don't leave it too long if there's an issue, because the longer you leave it, the harder it is to do something about it. Sellers might claim that the item was as described when sent, but buyer has used them and wrecked them. Most of the time the buyer will still win, but it's a harder process.

I hope it all ends up well. Pop back and let us know the outcome.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Nearly as soon as I started the request for eBay to "step in", the seller gave full refund (lucky for me!)

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Great news! I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end. Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply