Multiple listings by 1 seller with 0 feedback

Why does Ebay allow 100's of listings for the same item? This makes it impossible to search for the items that you (the buyer) would like to see! This happens all the time in Automotive spare parts.

It is possible to have literally hundres of items by the same seller for say brake light switches of one type then directly followed by 100's fan belts followed by more and more and more multiple items. All this being done by a seller with 0 feedback.

Oh, you say this is simple, just filter out the items in your search line! Well, the sellers are getting so smart that by the time you filter oput the key words phrases that perttain to their items you are left with just a few items.

This is extremely frustrating and I now no longer am able to search for the items iIwould like to buy.

Come on Ebay fix it so your members are able to use your service.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Multiple listings by 1 seller with 0 feedback

You are able to search the category excluding some sellers if you wish. From the menu on the left-hand side, click on 'More refinements', then go to 'Seller' and you are able to choose which sellers to include/exclude in your search results. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

eBay do have a duplicate listing policy (http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html) but there are exceptions for the same items made to fit specific products (eg phone cases - the same design but for different phones can be two listings), so that would also apply if the brake lights are made to fit a certain, different models of car. 

You can filter out specific sellers from your searches, though, if you find there are items from a seller you want to cut out of results completely. When you conduct a search, click More Refinements (last option in the left-hand menu), then when the pane pops up, select Seller. Tick Only show items from, make sure the next options shows ''exclude", then type the seller IDs that you want to remove from the results. 

It is a little convoluted, but it means you don't have to cut out other seller's items by removing keywords, and you can save the search, which means you can conduct it again with one click from My eBay. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for the feedback re "excluding the seller".

But what interests me is why is this seller even on Ebay. He has listed  around 100000 items with it appears no sale and with 0 feedback. There are others doing similar thihgs as well.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Well that annoys me since my 2nd account is fairly new and I am not allowed to list more than 100 a month and I have a feedback score of 51 on that account.

Why can some sellers do it and others can't. They won't take into consideration that I have this account that proves I am a good seller and buyer
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@wild_willy2001 wrote:

But what interests me is why is this seller even on Ebay. He has listed  around 100000 items with it appears no sale and with 0 feedback. There are others doing similar thihgs as well.

Is this the seller whose ID starts with an M? 0 FB and nearly 320, 000 items listed. Smiley Surprised

New sellers usually are restricted, both in number of items and total value, so it is unusual for someone with 0 FB to be able to list in such high volumes. The only time limits are raised as far as I know is when the seller has another well-established account. There's a large online store with the same name based in the UK, and if you check the listings, they're copies of that UK webstore - prices shown in the description are in pounds, even though they're listed on eBay AU in AU$'s. Large corporations like that seem to be granted special favours, sometimes. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I think they use a loop hole which provides them the ability to list the same item but for a wide range of vehicle variations and minor model changes. Can't imagine that someone would list over 25000 brake light switches on Ebay (this being only a small percentage of his listings) without the ability to access this listing information automatically somehow and all for 0 sales??????

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Starting with M? That would be them!!!!!!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply