My Ebay messages

Is anyone else having an issue with the 'My messages' section of My Ebay?

Usually when I go into My Ebay, it will show the number of new messages in brackets just after the Messages tab.

Over the last two days it has not been doing that.

It's really annoying. I was waiting for a reply yesterday morning, trying to arrange a time to pick up an item and I checked in a couple of times. Last night I actually went into the section again, even though it was not showing as any new messages, and there was one, waiting for me. It had been sent about 15 minutes after my query.

I answered it of course but I had missed the pick up time suggested. This morning, same thing. No new messages flagged but I still went in and sure enough, there was a reply.

I suppose now I know it isn't showing new messages it isn't a problem but it could be for anyone who doesn't check in-and if there are no new messages shown in the tab, a lot of people may not think they need to check it, they would just assume no message is in yet.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

My Ebay messages

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

No problems here springy....I have had messages showing up as usual.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

My Ebay messages

Thanks for letting me know that, Lyndal. Mine is still out, just had another message but I would never have known it unless I opened the actual inbox.Smiley Sad

I can't figure out why mine is not functoning if everyone else's is.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

My Ebay messages

springy, it's happening to me on Chrome but not on Firefox (which I still can't open properly...........sigh).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

My Ebay messages

Springy just to add to what Padi has said.....I am using Firefox, so it appears Chrome may be the problem if that is what you are using.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

My Ebay messages

hus2385
Community Member

It's happening to me too the last couple of days...only see the message when I open the inbox

But I'm on Firefox, not Chrome...so, that's a bit strange lol

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

My Ebay messages

Ebay told me a few months ago their preferred browser is Chrome, as their are issues with Firefox & Safari.  But I would say there are new issues like this one with the 'new messages count' that is not related to a particular browser.  There seems to be an increasing number of these glitches ........ sigh ..... another one to be aware of, & I think I have experienced the same on occasions.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

My Ebay messages

eBay's "enhancing" our total experience on their selling platform again still..........................pulling-hair-out-emoticon-i9.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

My Ebay messages

Thanks for that info too.

I'm not on firefox or chrome, just plain old windows 8.1 and Internet explorer I think.

Normal google.

Luckily I've done my pick up &  won't have anything to buy for a while so no need to worry I guess, I just hope they have it sorted by the time I do decide to buy again.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

My Ebay messages

I think you have your answer Springy.....try using another browser.  It is well known that ebay and IE are not a good mix and haven't been for quite a while.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply