My item has a problem, seller won't reply,

I bought a nail gun last June, the battery has failed & won't take a charge. I have emailed the seller twice 18th April & 28th April and have received no reply. I have even offered to buy a new battery though it should be covered by warranty, Australian law covers everything for 1 year after purchase.How do I complain to ebay as have bought this more than 60 days ago. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Far too late to do anything now through either eBay or Paypal.

Warranties are only valid if it's an Australian seller who is either the manufacturer of the item or an authorised reseller of that product.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You mention warranty and Australian law, so why not contact the company directly via their website ?

Assuming (as mentioned) the seller was indeed registered in Australia and authorised to sell the brand 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I believe I found the seller you likely purchase from, and if it was the 'Toolstorm' brand nailgun you purchased, their warrant details are:

Warranty
Toolstorm offer a 12 month warranty on products used for private household use.
Buyer need to send photo/Video of fault for verification, after fault is clarified, we may offer free replacement parts to the customer.
Where necessary, the item may need to be sent back to repair.We will issue you a Return Authorisation number(RA#)
Warranty does not cover accessories such as grinding wheels, router bits, carbone brush, blades, drill bits, sanding paper, tubs, carry bags, cables etc.
Warranty does not cover damage caused by normal wear and tear, misuse, accidents, lack of maintenance.

Further:

Your messages are important to us, simply send us an ebay message, we guarantee we'll get back to you within 24 hours (Monday - Friday)

Also, seller does appear to be an Australian registered company, so I'd write them one more message stating you'll give them 5 days to respond with a solution to this, your third message, or the fourth piece of correpsondance received by them on the subject will be from the ACCC.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes tazzie, I thought it was that one as well, I suspect it is a cheap Asian import. When I bought my nailguns I always went for reputable brands and have had no problems with them - though they were air-powered not cordless.

I did look at cordless ones, but since I had a compressor anyway I couldn't see the point in battery powered ones.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply