NETHERLANDS POST

I bought a $70 toy 3 weeks ago from China .Item location stated as Beijing , China . Tracking number provided  referred to " China

Post", however that site said "item not received " . Contacted seller who said item sent to  ";Netherlands Post " for onforwarding to  Australia

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

NETHERLANDS POST

....sorry meant to say is this some form of Pitney /Bowers around the globe trip for China based sellers? 

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

NETHERLANDS POST

Funny you should mention that. I bought some NiZn rechargeable batteries from Shenzhen, China on March 8 this year and they were sent to Swedish Post for delivery to Australia! This added around 10 days to the normal delivery time from China as they didn't arrive here until April 8.

I doubt it's any cheaper for them than China Post so I have no idea why they would ship in this manner.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

NETHERLANDS POST

Open an INR dispute just in case the item does not arrive in time.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

NETHERLANDS POST

cq_tech
Community Member

If you were provided with a tracking number (displayed in your Purchase History) log on to International Track and Trace at http://www.trackitonline.ru/ and you'll be able to follow its progress. I was able to with mine. Just enter the number and allow it to autodetect the destination and carrier.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

NETHERLANDS POST

Thank you to the  fellow  forumites who posted some helpful comments.....especially  "cq "....that  " trace" site  you provided

disclosed ,.....  " item now in  country of destination "... so all going to plan , whatever that was !!

Thanks again , Chief.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

NETHERLANDS POST

Update....item arrived to-day postmarked "postnl" . So all good but none the wiser why it went via Netherlands!

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

NETHERLANDS POST

Beats me too, but I'm glad to hear that your item arrived OK. I'm also currently awaiting an item from a Chinese seller which has been sent from China to their US warehouse via APC for onforwarding to here in Brisbane but I'm starting to suspect that the tracking number might be bogus as the tracking data has not been updated in the 16 days since it was purchased.

Just have to keep a close eye on the dates so I don't miss the 45-day window for lodging a Paypal claim if it doesn't arrive (which I suspect may well be the case). Bloody annoying as it ties up my money for all that time when I could be using it to buy the item elsewhere.
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

NETHERLANDS POST

Not sure if this has affected your purchase but there was an announcement on the US site last week about possible delays in mail being shipped through Shanghai airport.

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/05/changes-to-china-mail-regulations-may-cause-delayed-shipments/

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

NETHERLANDS POST

China post will throw batteries and parcels with batteries ie mobile phones into the bin as they wont process them for what ever reason so items sent with other couriers ie netherlands post are more likely to be delivered.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply