Never received an item..disputed it via paypal then advised by seller to cancel go tho ebay scammmed

Ahello all can someone please help me... I never received an item and have request it from seller on 4 occasions. It never arrived so I lodged a paypal dispute to receive a message from them advising to close it and open with eBay instead.  Ow I cannot do either and cannot contact Ebay for support at all. How do I contact eBay for help as I just keep going around in circles on eBay site and I am getting frustrated ...

see below message and seller that you shouldn’t use 

HELP PLEASE.....

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Never received an item..disputed it via paypal then advised by seller to cancel go tho ebay scammmed

You have been conned. Customer support doesn't reply using a member's ID. There are also quite a few spelling mistakes.

You should have opened a case with eBay first, as the MBG requires the seller to provide proof of delivery. Paypal only requires proof of postage to your postcode to find for the seller.

Once you open a Paypal case, you CANNOT close it and go back to eBay's dispute resolution system. Once you close it, both eBay and Paypal resolution is no longer available.

Did you allow the Paypal dispute to time out? You have to escalate it otherwise it lapses.

If you paid using a credit card you might, depending on timeframes, be able to initiate a chargeback. Otherwise, you've done your dough.

You are lucky, though. All that experience using eBay and this is the first time you have let a seller string you along.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

As davewil has said, you should never have closed that PayPal dispute.

• If a buyer is within the timeframe for an eBay dispute under its Money Back Guarantee, he/she should open an eBay dispute.
  • If a buyer is outside the timeframe for an eBay dispute, OR if a buyer's eBay dispute was not resolved in his/her favour, the buyer should open a PayPal dispute.
    Never open a PayPal dispute first if you can still open an eBay dispute, because once you have opened a PayPal dispute, you no longer have the option to open an eBay dispute for that transaction.
  • If you paid with PayPal, with your funding source being your credit or debit card, you can try a chargeback if neither an eBay nor a PayPal dispute are possible for you. Chargeback timeframes depend upon your card provider. It's unlikely that the timeframe is longer than 6 months, though, and in some instances it may be less.

There is no point in your contacting eBay at this stage. Because you opened a PayPal dispute, eBay's MBG no longer applies. Furthermore, I suspect that you're well beyond the MBG timeframe. (See eBay's Money Back Guarantee policy for details.)

So... follow davewil's advice; try the chargeback route.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@octlow24 wrote:

Ahello all can someone please help me... I never received an item and have request it from seller on 4 occasions. It never arrived so I lodged a paypal dispute to receive a message from them advising to close it and open with eBay instead.  Ow I cannot do either and cannot contact Ebay for support at all. How do I contact eBay for help as I just keep going around in circles on eBay site and I am getting frustrated ...

see below message and seller that you shouldn’t use 

HELP PLEASE.....

Hi, sorry to hear of this. What an awful experience. if that's what the seller suggested you do then it's a dirty sneaky trick. You should take a snapshot of the message the seller sent to you. Also copy & paste the content and forward to eBay and detail how you were misled by the seller. Also keep the message in your inbox. You should also inform PayPal with the same info as the seller may try this on with someone else down the track.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply