Never received my item

I bought an expensive (~$800) pair of speakers from the US. I live in Australia. They are supposedly sent weeks back (18th Spetember) but have never arrived. I was offered a replacement set if I paid yet more freight. The vendor talked of a claim that she could put in for the missing items and said she could give me a refund "after 30 days". I waited and kept asking for the tracking number that she colamed to have but it mnever came. I waited onbe day too long to put in a dispute :(. Now I cannot get the vendor to respond to my emails.

Is there anything else I can do, short of legal action? Can I apopeal to ebay in any way?

Thanks for any help

Nick

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Never received my item

DId you fund the payment with a credit card?

If yes then call your bank about initiating a chargeback.

NEVER NEVER let a seller string you along till the 45 days passes to open a dispute.

No matter how obliging they sound NEVER let that time pass.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Never received my item

Thanks for your reply.

I let it slide mostly because I was trying to help and really wanted it to work, but I miscalculated, as I said by a day or two. I blew that, but it does  not make this right.

I paid by Paypal, using my credit card to pay. I will check with the bank.

Nick

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Never received my item

Nah, the **bleep**s at the bank have wiped their hands of it.

BAH! Leaving bad feedback is abouyt all I have now, I guess.

Nick

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Never received my item

What date did you make payment on this item via Paypal? You may still be able to open an Item not Received dispute and make a claim to get your money back if it's within 45 days.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Never received my item

As I said if I could have done that I would not be here...yet ๐Ÿ˜ž I mistook the ship date for the transaction date and therefore missed out on the 45 days).

Now nobody wants to know....

Nick

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Never received my item

Call paypal and tell them how the seller had you believing all was ok and sometimes depending on who you talk too they might help you out if it is not too far past the 45 day limit.

No harm in trying.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Never received my item

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You say they were sent on the 18th September......that is only 13 days ago.  It is almost impossible for large items to get to Australia in 13 days.  They may still arrive.

If it is more than 45 days since you paid, why did you not follow up with the seller as to why thay were not shipped long before that date?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Never received my item

Sorry, that was the n18th August, or so I was told.

Nick

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Never received my item

No you are probably right. For the amount it's worth a go.

Nick

@*sparklz* wrote:

Call paypal and tell them how the seller had you believing all was ok and sometimes depending on who you talk too they might help you out if it is not too far past the 45 day limit.

No harm in trying.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply