New Scam

bidded on a item put down like 2 bucks it was free postage when i checked the ad again postage was up to 120 us dollars retracted my bid then seller put shipping back down to 1.99 how is the possiable ? i diddnt think a seller could change ads once there was bids?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

New Scam

What is the item number (RHS of the listing page) ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

New Scam

@fastbuyer777 wrote:

i diddnt think a seller could change ads once there was bids?

Generally it's not possible, but I suspect it might be able to be done if the seller is using business policies, as I am not seeing anything in the info that says auction items are excluded from the updates. 

When a seller is not using business policies, all of the payment, postage and return policy settings are done on a per-listing basis, and those can not be edited once an auction listing has a bid. Business policies allow for the creation of policy profiles and then they get assigned to selected, or all, listings. They are edited in account settings, so you can make one change and it automatically updates all listings that have that particularly policy assigned. 

In any case, it seems like such a dumb thing to do as a seller, if it was done deliberately - very few buyers would be willing to pay 60x more for postage than the listing originally specified, so I can't imagine it's overly successful. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

New Scam

US listings will often show free postage or small charge as it's for local purchases and will change once you from another country gets involved then it changes to the postage for your location.

Now you are no longer involved in the listing, it has probably reverted to postage for locals, the way you view it.

Try going into the listing and put your postcode into the postage section and it will probably revert back for you to whatever it was when you had a bid placed.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

New Scam

Digi, my thought was that maybe it was a GSP item and the OP was logged into the US or UK site and their country hadn't been noted until they made a bid ???

Edit. G'day Kopes, great minds ??...............

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

New Scam

It's possible, but eBay detects location (probably via IP address) when not logged in and still shows the correct shipping to Aus, usually (or at least, it does for me - could depend on browser settings and / or change if using a VPN). 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

New Scam

373636162064 he changed the postage to 35.99 he had a hair clip listed for 120usd as well its some kind of scam where he changes the postage amount after you bid and he doesnt think youl check the listing again.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

New Scam

Registered in Sri Lanka, items in China, feedback at 92.9% - to many red flags there more me to be interested in buying from them.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply