No heading/description on front page?

Is it me, or does the front page give "Your resent viewed items," "your watched items," all the "Recommended for you," "Deals for you" and other items, only show a picture and a price, no item name, or sub heading, or description?

lets say someone has a picture to bait on the item, I think "oh beauty, i need that!" only to find out its something "related" to it?

lets just say I have 10 items pictured in the "Deals for you" of diffrent wines, little thumb nails with a random numbers are NOT going to tell me what I need to know, so im not going to be looking into them.

ofcouse Ebay will not change this, they would want to follow trends and do the "Other peole are doing this look, so lets do this!!" without even thinking of their customers. 😕

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you want to see the details of an item on your summary page just click on it and yu will be taken to the listing with all the details.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I think they're saying, lyndal, that when they do that they find it's not really what they thought it was and it turns out to be a waste of time, ie. it's misleading advertising.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

yes yes, im not goingto open everything to look at items that turn out to be not what i think it is. EG: Picture of a car, with a price of $25. What is it? why 25? is it a buy now? is it a bid? how many bids?

turns out they are selling a engine mount.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

WHAT?! i only have limited time to edit this?! **bleep** EBAY?! lets add more content, "No no, you only have a minute to edit it, then we lock you out."

I was going to say:

Since the data on "Recommend items" are based on items you looked at, and you HAVE to look at items to see what they are, that Skews the list of items to recommend, eventually it will lead to items and places I have no care about.

since people like to use tags and manipulate the search with "this item, not this or this or this or this or this" or "item similar to this and this and that and those"
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

HAHA! they bleep contend that MAY be related to swearing! "What the F" = NO NO BAD WORD! quick, bleep that F there! its Related!
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@the.real.maximus.psychosiswrote:
WHAT?! i only have limited time to edit this?! **bleep** EBAY?! lets add more content, "No no, you only have a minute to edit it, then we lock you out."

You are actually given 5 minutes to edit your post, which is actually a good idea since if you had unlimited time to edit members would be able to edit posts in response to other posts on that thread, to suit their own agenda..................

And trust me, some members would most certainly do that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

5 minutes though? if they are inclined to push an agenda, its not hard to do that, use a notepad, type out what is needed, hit edit, Ctrl+A, Delete, Ctrl+V and hit post. less then 30 seconds.

little stupid I have to do that just to add more content. instead if writing it out here.

this is the worst way to defend from "Bad speech"
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

None the less, off topic. probably no one has anything to do with no heading in the front page.

i wonder if there is a Grease Monkey plug-in that fixes this issue
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I have no idea what is on the front page, nor do I intend to find out.

If I'm looking for something, I LOOK for it, not take an eBay bot's idea of what I might be interested in. I am sure I'm not alone.

As far as your 'copy, delete, paste' goes, only within 5 minutes. Okay if the poster you want to embarrass posts within that timeframe. Even then, you would probably only get away with it once. There would be plenty of people willing to take screen shots of the original once you alert them to that kind of 'trick'.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply