eBay Postage

micstot0
Community Member

I Buy items from time to time which the Seller sends via Ebay's "System". Invariably they are sent "EXPRESS POST" (Australia Post). Nett result is I get charged more and bloody delivery is SLOW - EXAMPLE - Nikon 18 -55 DX Series Lens - A Common small sized lens - paid for on 3/04 - posted on 4//04 - estimated delivery on Friday 13/04 (REMINDER -EXPRESS POST!!!) - Delivery actually occurred on 17/04!!. This is a minor example - some deliveries have been up to 12 working days late!!!!! - ALWAYS when dispatched via eBay's so called EXPRESS service. I don't know what is wrong and I do not think it is the Sellers fault - SO! What is going wrong?????

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay Postage

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's not ebay's express post - it's Australia post's

Not all destinations are in the Express post network.  

Maybe your seller didn't check your address for this.

This link has the express post postcodes.

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/delivery-speeds-and-coverage

Express Post parcels and Express Post letters

Next business day delivery

Covers 80% of Australian business addresses, private addresses and Post Office Boxes.

Service operates between all capital cities (except Darwin and in Perth CBD only) and some major centres. Outside metropolitan areas guaranteed service is to and from townships only.

If your item is for an address outside the Express Post network, we'll use the fastest possible transport links, but it won't be covered by our Next Day Guarantee.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

eBay Postage

You have the option to pick Standard or Express Post if the seller offers both. If the seller offers only Express Post, then sort the listings by lowest price + postage. Either way it is your choice to send it standard or express. Also, if you have paid for express, check that the item is actually sent express and not just by standard delivery.

Even if your area is outside of the AP's express service network, sending it express can mean that you get the parcel a little earlier because AP will still deliver the parcel in the shortest time, so they claim (as opposed to keeping the parcel idle to spite the customer, I suppose).

As long as you see in the tracking that the seller has posted the item within his handling time, then it is not the seller's fault.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

eBay Postage

I'm a bit confused, as eBay postage labels don't have an express post option via Australia Post - they only do flat rate satchels and boxes via regular post (I'm assuming that when you say "seller sends via eBay's "system" " that you mean it shows as 'ebay postage' in the listing - but obviously correct me if I've assumed wrongly). 

An express post label can be generated, but it doesn't come up under "eBay postage", it's just a full-priced, assessed service that isn't any different from paying express over the counter at a post office.

The only express service that comes up under "eBay Postage" is via Fastway couriers, and they list that as being between 1-12 days delivery (see attached screenshot). The only logical explanation I can come up with is maybe the seller(s) chose the Fastway option, but used Aus Post instead if you live in an area Fastway don't deliver to?

The options under "eBay Postage Services" are the only ones that will show in listings as ebay postage methods, the rest display as either plain "standard postage", "express postage", or the specific service chosen by the seller.  

ebay postage services.jpg

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply