No notification .

Paid for a product on 14 dec, still have not received any notification of my purchase, unable to contact eBay regarding this matter, have I been scammed?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

No notification .

Do you mean you have not received any notification in your mailbox or on eBay?

Usually on eBay after you pay there should be a dollar symbol next to your purchase in your purchase history and you should receive an email "Your order is confirmed" in your normal mailbox (not your eBay messages).

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

No notification .

What was the seller's handling time/estimated delivery date?

Have you tried contacting the seller?

What happened when you tired to contact eBay? 

Based on not getting any notification alone does not mean you have been 'scammed'

Plus, it is almost impossible for a buyer to be scammed as they have a number of tools provided by eBay if things do indeed go wrong and the seller won't help

What was the item number?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

No notification .

If you tell us what you mean with "no notification", we might be able to provide more help.

No notification that you had purchased the item or that it had been shipped?

As Sandy said, it would be useful if you could share the item number so we can look at handling time and feedback.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

No notification .

The item was a music cd entitled Music for Viola Da Gamba, paid for by Mastercard credit card, transaction was completed on the 14 Dec, my no:1312 aud 000000004557, your no: eBay 0*20-07997-63049,Sydney. Have not received any response from eBay since?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

No notification .

Not sure what response you're expecting from Ebay?

Ebay is not the seller - the individual user you bought it from is the one you need to contact.

When and if the seller marks the item as shipped, then you will get an update message from Ebay to tell you as such. Other than that, Ebay have no reason to send you a message.

Some sellers do not mark their items as posted (just lazy?) or send with tracking, so you won't know if it's been shipped or not unless they update the transaction to shipped and add any tracking number.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

No notification .

The item number is actually on the listing's page just under "report item".

It usually takes a few days for credit card payments to go through (up to 5 I think), so if you bought the item on the 14th, payment might just have gone through yesterday or the day before.

What does your purchase history say? Does it say payment pending or does the dollar symbol appear next to your item?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

No notification .

I can't edit my reply any more, but I think it can actually take up to 5 business days (not just days) for payment to clear if you use a cc, so it might not even have been cleared yet.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

No notification .

You haven't given us an item number. You've given us  some other numbers, but not what we need.

It's possible that the seller is either new or intermittent, in which case, their funds are held for up to 21+ days. Some sellers do not understand that they still need to post within their handling time (and preferably with tracking) even though their funds are on hold. If you can find the item number, we can make a basic determination about the seller.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

No notification .

@pauignatie0 wrote:

Paid for a product on 14 dec, still have not received any notification of my purchase, unable to contact eBay regarding this matter, have I been scammed?

Maybe. It is hard to say at this point.

I don't know specifically what the item number was or who the seller was. I can't look at their feedback to say whether they look like a long time, reliable seller or not.

You did say (I think) in one post that you paid via credit card? That, to me, could be a worry because unless you pay by paypal or some similar system, I am not sure if you are covered by ebay's guarantees etc

That used to be the case anyway though I am not sure if things have changed. Personally, I won't buy on ebay unless I use paypal.

Most professional sellers will mark the item as sent in the 'My ebay' section although even some good  & reliable sellers do forget. Regardless of how you paid, all your purchases should be showing in that section though.

Have a look at the original ad and what the estimated arrival dates were. You won't really know for sure until those dates come and go.

I should add that if you bought from a long term ebay seller with very positive feedback, then they would very likely post your items off no matter how you had paid. If you bought froma  seller like that, then you probably have no worries.

So check out that original ad & let us know.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply