Non Delivery Of eBay Purchases More Frequent

bussosz
Community Member

Having read posts relating to the non delivery of purchasesI am dissappointed that non delivery is becoming more prevealent not less.

One seller even talks about about shoplifting being the cause,  which is rubbish.

I have been buying on ebay since 2004 and never had a non delivery till last year (2015).  Already this year I have had two (2) non deliveries and my wife has had two.

This cannot be improved when ebay will not allow negative feedback after it enters dispute resolution.   The seller just makes a refund when pressed with no penalty.  Probably hoping the buyer will give up and leave it alone. Meanwhile the buyer has to start all over again to purchase the item which was probably never sent.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Non Delivery Of eBay Purchases More Frequent

Very likely this I think.

Since AP's automated sorting centres came online (ie Sunshine West, Chullora etc) the service has become a lot more hit & miss. Had my first undelivered item recently, but let the seller know and gave a reasonable time for it to appear. Was untracked, I was guessing it might have hit the Sunshine West logjam...after almost a month no show the seller very generously offered to re-send with eParcel tracking - got here (Sydney) in 3 days. AND yes it passed through Sunshine West as I suspected.

But anyone who takes ebay's delivery estimates seriously should take a nice long deep breath and step away from the keyboard lol
Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

I believe most pillaging is done on the trucks, probably before the mail gets to the sorting centres. I also believe that registering a package is just admitting that the item is valuable, an open invitation. If an item doesn't reach its intended destination, I blame that mostly on Aus Post,  not the seller or buyer.  

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

@wan303win wrote:

I believe most pillaging is done on the trucks, probably before the mail gets to the sorting centres. I also believe that registering a package is just admitting that the item is valuable, an open invitation. If an item doesn't reach its intended destination, I blame that mostly on Aus Post,  not the seller or buyer.  

I take exception to that. My husband has carted mail on more than one occasion. Mail bags are weighed before leaving the PO and again when they arrive at the sorting centre, so I think if stuff was getting nicked off the trucks, someone would know about it pretty quickly. If it was going to be nicked, it's more likely to happen at the sorting centre. Or in the case of Chullora, Sunshine West and Underwood, they fall into the big black pit in the middle of the building.

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

Not to mention they all have spying CCTV all day, every day. And night as well, probably; to make sure they don't use AP assets to run down the shops.

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

Is your husband the designated mail man?

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

@joetheseed wrote:

Is your husband the designated mail man?

No, because he'd never come home if he was. No way he could cover all the mail for the country.

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

I agree with Tippy....I take exception to AP staff and contractors being blamed for missing mail.

I know what the security is like at the StarTrack depot in Sydney.  There are security guards on duty 24/7 and CCTV cameras all over the place.

The drivers are logged in and out of the depot and the vehicles randomly inspected both going in and out.  There is random drug and alcohol testing done regularly....my OH swears his middle name is random.

As for "losing" a parcel once it has left the depot....can't happen.  Every item is scanned into the system before it leaves the depot, scanned when delivered and if it cannot be delivered it is scanned back into the depot at night.   It a parcel does go missing it is not hard to find where it is supposed to be.  It is is not there the contractor is looking at instant dismissal.

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

Well I stated my thoughts, so all you folk who disagree...where DOES all this lost stuff go once it hits the counter at the PO? There's little credence in the "big black hole" theory.

I've sent items to my friends/relations, (who I'd trust with my wife or my life), that has failed to arrive, so I think your "security right throughout the AP system" idea may be a little flawed.

in the last two or three years I've had two registered parcels that never arrived, so where are they? 

This has been going on for decades.

I know that parcels at times get sent to the wrong person/town/suburb/street number, (whatever), when they have been correctly and clearly addressed...and all my parcels have the return address.

I think your only other option here is that the fault rests with buyers &/or sellers. 

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

I can only answer from a starTrack courier's point of view.....vans get broken into, especially in the city, and parcels get stolen.

We have had it happen a few times over the years, despite all vehicles having to be alarmed.

But because of the scanning that is done every step of the way it is soon known what is missing.

The driver reports it to the police and it is up to the base to liase with the customer.

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

joewog74
Community Member
I brought item and paid for sign on delivery or return to post office for me to collect.. I got given a tracking number that didn't work so I was on the seller about that then it was getting a while and hadn't received item so pushed seller about the item and tracking number.. He finally got the right tracking number but the original one he gave me was there too.. And the item was already delivered.. Went post office and they tge same so I asked for the signature that should have been done when delivered.. They couldn't produce it and said that all they could do.. So rang there main office and there Investigating.. Put in a police report as stolen.. Gave all this info to ebay and all the decision was if tracking says delivered that's it close case I appealed and same answer came back... Im not rich I brought this item for my daughter for Christmas and lost 152.00 and she got only little presents.. Made me feel like **bleep**... That lot of money in my world and ebay didn't even look into it.. Pathetic ebay just pathetic... it's not fair.
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply