Not able to report a listing for a misleading description

Anonymous
Not applicable
ebay don't allow for a listing to be reported when the description is misleading to get clicks or trap buyers who don't read the full description at the bottom of the listing. One example that I am having trouble reporting is:

No seat is provided or even offered as an option. How can it be listed as "Upholstered"? eBay, you knowingly don't want sellers reported by the looks of it. AliExpress is looking more tempting due to this sort of behaviour.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

and all i wanted to do was report a misleading listing in the hopes of saving someone the misfortune.
no agenda.

was actually shopping for a friend's son.

off to a physical shop now. disgusted with ebay and the "community" platform censorship. it's existence in this circumstance has proven to be useless. With the exception of  countessalmirena. Many thanks for the information. 

It's all about the benjamins as they say and I can see the revenue being protected here.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

australian ebay user. not amaerican. it was merely a figure of speech.

if bot you arent helping the go jump and stop posting in here

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Are you sure you’re not mistaking listing title for listing description? If the description in the listing is not read by the buyer, it’s the buyer who has made an error.

eBay do provide the option to report a listing if it is misleading. You should in that case simply state what is misleading in the description without giving extraneous comments.

Can you post the item number or the exact title here? We (by which I mean the eBay members who read and post in these boards to provide helpful advice etc) can at least take a look at the listing and see whether the description is indeed misleading.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and thank you countessalmirena

i'm not sure of what semantic is most accurate. Title/Listing Description. I'm guessing the latter based off your reply.

I did have the listing details posted here because i COULDN"T report it as there is no reporting category to report this exact issue in the list of drop down menus. I am shocked and disappointed by this.

I spent time trying the various options to report it using the system eBay provides and none correspond to the issue. I even got help from a friend to try and find the correct selection of drop down options to report the listing but none fit. Apparently my friend also experiences similar issues when tying to report dodgy listings.

Not sure what else to do other then buy 20 of the items and then return them all at the sellers cost. They might change their listing practices then i bet.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

eBay neither read nor run the forum

A company called Khoros do

And the moderator's name is clearly shown next to where it says edited so we know who they are

All members need to follow the rules which they agreed to when joining and posting on the forum if they don't want their post edited/censored 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

eBay has narrowed the possible reasons for reporting a listing. It may be due to too many people reporting items based merely upon their thinking the item isn't as described, or trying to affect a competitor's account, or ... who knows what else.

You can report the seller (here's the link to the relevant page) but be cautious; if eBay deem the report to be vexatious, it may blow up in your face.

By no means should you buy the seller's items with the stated intention of returning them for a refund. That comes under the heading of auction interference (covered by eBay's Unwelcome or Malicious Buying policy). If you don't want to buy the item and think that it's not as described, don't buy it.

Just remember that, harsh as it may sound, you can't protect other people against buying every single thing that turns out to be not as described; they'll have to go through the process of seeking a refund themselves if they wish to do so. It really is caveat emptor... and I should also mention that if people look at eBay listings on their phones (especially if on the eBay app which is frankly horrible), it can look quite different to the listing as it appears on a computer.

It's best to look through eBay on a computer rather than on a mobile device. The seller will not be responsible for the different way in which a listing may look on the app... and if the buyer doesn't click through to the actual description, the buyer will be the one considered to blame for misunderstanding if the description included the relevant information.

I hope that helps to explain it.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

and all i wanted to do was report a misleading listing in the hopes of saving someone the misfortune.
no agenda.

was actually shopping for a friend's son.

off to a physical shop now. disgusted with ebay and the "community" platform censorship. it's existence in this circumstance has proven to be useless. With the exception of  countessalmirena. Many thanks for the information. 

It's all about the benjamins as they say and I can see the revenue being protected here.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Could you explain this comment pls - because that sounds like common anti-Semitic trope.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

It's an Americanism, Jelly.

Benjamin Franklin's head is on the US$100 note.

Why an Aussie would use that phrase is beyond me.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Could be an American living here.??

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

australian ebay user. not amaerican. it was merely a figure of speech.

if bot you arent helping the go jump and stop posting in here

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply