Not letting me bid on an item

minmum66
Community Member

I am trying to bid on an item that is advertised as 0.99 with free postage.

There are no bids on this item at the moment.

After I place the bid it comes up with a message saying “Sorry the seller isn’t accepting bids or offers from you this time”.

I tried most of the day and it comes up with the same message.

The seller has a few of these items for sale.

There was one advertised for $31.20 BIN, which I saw a few days ago.

I messaged the seller with regards to postage (i.e. as to whether they will send it to a PO Box based at the post office).

They got back saying, they will only if I am in NSW as the seller is also based in NSW.

Could this be the reason, why I am unable to bid on the cheaper item & the seller has blocks in place to prevent me from buying the cheaper one?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Not letting me bid on an item

@falconsportspack wrote:

@minmum66 wrote:

The seller says in his description will not post to post boxes.

So why are you even asking the seller to do that? And because they won't, you call them a scumbag! I think a lot of other sellers will now block you from buying.

Please read my post, word to word!!

Where exactly in my post did I say, I called the seller a "scumbag", other than on this forum? 

I am entitled to express my opinion & that is my honest opinion about this seller that I am expressing on this forum. 

You really think a lot of other sellers will block me now based on a post that I have put here. I really don't care if everyone is juding me on this one post. E-bay is not the only way to shop online. 

I have other aliases, family & friends too if I really need something on e-bay.

Message 21 of 41
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@minmum66 wrote:

If you read my post carefully you will know why I am calling them a scumbag in this forum & that is my true opinion of them under the circumstances.  

There are plenty of sellers reading the buying board....most of the answers here are from sellers.

Word soon get around that you are badmouthing a seller and other sellers will block you just because they can.

I do not have a problem if all the Aus sellers blocks me, the chinese sellers probably won't!!.

There are plenty of ways around getting things if I really need something, besides I don't purchase stuff of e--bay as much as I used to anymore. 

I did not a mention the seller's name nor the item? Just expressing my opinion as I said above.  

Message 22 of 41
Latest reply

is this seller the only seller with the item you want to buy? if there are others choose another. why deal with a seller who doesnt want to sell to you?

Message 23 of 41
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

is this seller the only seller with the item you want to buy? if there are others choose another. why deal with a seller who doesnt want to sell to you?

Probably because it's starting at 99c with "free" postage. They probably think postage is actually free.

As for using another account to bypass blocks, big no no. It won't just see your account get shut down, it will see all the accounts you use shut down, permamently. If you create a new account, it will be promptly shut down too. EBay take blocks very seriously. Same as they take policy violations seriously too.

If you want to buy from Chinese sellers, go right ahead, but when it goes all pear shaped, don't come here whinging that your item didn't arrive, or it was not as described, or is cheap and nasty junk.

If you have all these other accounts owned by other people, I'm sure at least one of them would have their address listed as a residential address. Use one of those. If you ask for signature on delivery (which you would have to pay extra for), then it wouldn't be left at the front door for thieves to steal. You could also sign up for Australia Posts My Post and use the parcel collect option, whereby the parcel is addressed to you, with your personal number, to the post office. Very useful for people who have a PO box and need a proper address. That is assuming the seller is posting via AP and not using a courier.

Seems a lot of angst over a 99c item.

Message 24 of 41
Latest reply

@falconsportspack wrote:

@minmum66 wrote:

The seller says in his description will not post to post boxes.

So why are you even asking the seller to do that? And because they won't, you call them a scumbag! I think a lot of other sellers will now block you from buying.

I didn't know it was a CRIME to ask the seller a question!

All they have to say is "NO". In this instance they replied saying "YES, as you are in NSW, otherwise Aust Post charge is too expensive". The seller is based in NSW. I would not have a problem if they had said "NO".

I have asked other sellers before too & they have agreed to posting it to a PO Box.

I pay an annual feel to keep a PO BOX open & it is the only way I want to receive mail/parcels. If sellers don't want to send it their that's fine. I will ask just ask some one else!  Believe it or not there are people who do just that. 

Last year I bought a mobile phone from a company based in Chatswood. Their listing said they needed a residential addrss  & when asked they had no problems in posting it to my PO BOX. 

I am sick of people threatening me saying now the sellers will block me basing thier opinion on my post.

Once again, let me say that is totally fine.

I believe I am a good seller/buyer. My feedback will verify that. (I am sure everyone curious would have had a look at it by now, for a comeback perhaps)!! 

Using my ID is not the only means of purchasing from e-bay!!

Message 25 of 41
Latest reply

If a seller has their buyer requirements set up not to post to PO boxes, and global blocks in place to prevent anyone with a primary postage address in a location they don't post to, the bid may well have been blocked automatically due to that, not because they specifically put your name on a BBL.

Message 26 of 41
Latest reply

the only honest means !

Message 27 of 41
Latest reply

the only honest means !

-----------------------------

I don't know about that.

My (adult) kids sometimes browse my computer and a couple of times have asked me if it is okay to buy an item on my ebay and they will repay me.

Or sometimes I have been on the computer and they have asked me to just buy something, even though they have their own ebay accounts.

Not doing anything dishonest as we pay for the goods. It's just sometimes they are too lazy to move off the couch or interrupt their movie watching, when good old mum can do it.

Then when the stuff arives, they tell me to give good feedback etc

Message 28 of 41
Latest reply

The difference there Springy is that none of those other family accounts are blocked or suspended.

Would you be just as comfortable buying things for a family member who was banned from doing it for themselves,

That of course assumes that your account has not been suspended as well just because it has the same ISP as the suspended account.

Message 29 of 41
Latest reply

"Where exactly in my post did I say, I called the seller a "scumbag", other than on this forum?
I am entitled to express my opinion & that is my honest opinion about this seller that I am expressing on this forum."

Yes, you are entitled to express your opinion.  However, when your opinion is that you consider someone is a "scumbag" (whether you say that directly to the person or others), that's an issue some might see as a "red flag".

Message 30 of 41
Latest reply