Not receive item but over 30 days, the maxium delivery period is 45 days from the seller.

I order 2 twin outlet air pump on 26 Oct 2016 and receive one twin air pump and one single outlet air pump around 19-20 Jan 2016. Gogo-life agreed to resend me the right twin air pump to me on 24 Jan 2016. On 4 Jan 2017, I still not receive the air pump, The time from 24 Nov 2017 to 4 Jan 2017 is 42 days. Then I sent email to Gogo-life to ask what the happen for the air pump. They said might be the typhoon cause the delay of the delivery and said might take one more week to come. Can you believe a typhoon happened in China in winter of December. It is unbelievable. Typhoon normally happen in summer not in winter in Hong Kong or Canton. Today is 11 Nov 2017, I still not receive the air pump and EBay end the case because the deadline is over. It seems I will lose my money and never get the air pump.
Today is 11 Jan 2017. Gogo-life is still selling the twin outlet air pump fro Canton of China and the delivery date is from 6 Feb 2017 to 24 Feb 2017. You can find the longest period to receive the pump is from 10 Jan 2017 to 23 Feb 2017 that is equal to 45 days. If EBay set the 30 for appealing or ask for money refund that is not useful for the overseas delivery. After 30 days, the seller can easily tell the buyer to wait for the product to come and do not need to do the refund even the seller did not send anything to the buyer. This 30 days guarantee cannot protect the buyer if the seller want to cheat or anything unexpectedly happened. It looks like I am going to lose money and never get my second air pump.
Do anybody has the same experience and get the problem solved?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
8 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Not receive item but over 30 days, the maxium delivery period is 45 days from the seller.

You are substantially correct.

eBay, nor Paypal, nor your bank will care after 12 months.

You need to read the terms and conditions. With eBay I think it is 32 days from the date of purchase. Paypal 180 days.

I do have a question, though - Why have you decided, after a year, to bring this issue to the boards? We are only members, we are not the police (which wouldn't help with a Chinese seller anyway), we are not even eBay.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

You have 180 days with Paypal to open a dispute for "item not received".

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

However January 2016 might fall outside that window.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I think the OP is mixed up on the dates dave, fb from the seller is within the last 6 months.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Some of the dates you have provided sound a bit mixed up.

If it were me, I would open a paypal dispute without further delay (assuming you made the payment via Paypal).

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@efutureworld wrote:

You can find the longest period to receive the pump is from 10 Jan 2017 to 23 Feb 2017 that is equal to 45 days. If EBay set the 30 for appealing or ask for money refund that is not useful for the overseas delivery. After 30 days, the seller can easily tell the buyer to wait for the product to come and do not need to do the refund even the seller did not send anything to the buyer. This 30 days guarantee cannot protect the buyer if the seller want to cheat or anything unexpectedly happened. 

eBay's Money Back Guarantee takes the delivery time into account, and it is not 30 days from the date of purchase, it is 30 days from the last estimated delivery date.

In your example of 10 January to 23 February, they would use the 23rd of Feb. for this purpose, and add 30 days on to that, which would mean a buyer had until the 25th of March to  open a request.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I suspect the OP is using a translator that turns their US dates into ours. That is the only meaning I can read into it.

Although, they are registered in Australia...

And it doesn't explain the dates that wouldn't translate.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I think they're mostly typos, though it would be good to know the correct purchase / arrival date. I'm assuming it was actually purchased 26 Oct. 2016 and received around either 20 Nov or 20 Dec of 2016 (December makes more sense, if they thought they were already out of time for the MBG by the time it arrived, and fits with average delivery time-frames for goods purchased from China around October. Plus, they have two separate FB comments from the seller in question, listed as 'during the last 6 months', and none older than that).

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You are substantially correct.

eBay, nor Paypal, nor your bank will care after 12 months.

You need to read the terms and conditions. With eBay I think it is 32 days from the date of purchase. Paypal 180 days.

I do have a question, though - Why have you decided, after a year, to bring this issue to the boards? We are only members, we are not the police (which wouldn't help with a Chinese seller anyway), we are not even eBay.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

You have 180 days with Paypal to open a dispute for "item not received".

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

However January 2016 might fall outside that window.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I think the OP is mixed up on the dates dave, fb from the seller is within the last 6 months.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Some of the dates you have provided sound a bit mixed up.

If it were me, I would open a paypal dispute without further delay (assuming you made the payment via Paypal).

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@efutureworld wrote:

You can find the longest period to receive the pump is from 10 Jan 2017 to 23 Feb 2017 that is equal to 45 days. If EBay set the 30 for appealing or ask for money refund that is not useful for the overseas delivery. After 30 days, the seller can easily tell the buyer to wait for the product to come and do not need to do the refund even the seller did not send anything to the buyer. This 30 days guarantee cannot protect the buyer if the seller want to cheat or anything unexpectedly happened. 

eBay's Money Back Guarantee takes the delivery time into account, and it is not 30 days from the date of purchase, it is 30 days from the last estimated delivery date.

In your example of 10 January to 23 February, they would use the 23rd of Feb. for this purpose, and add 30 days on to that, which would mean a buyer had until the 25th of March to  open a request.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I suspect the OP is using a translator that turns their US dates into ours. That is the only meaning I can read into it.

Although, they are registered in Australia...

And it doesn't explain the dates that wouldn't translate.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I think they're mostly typos, though it would be good to know the correct purchase / arrival date. I'm assuming it was actually purchased 26 Oct. 2016 and received around either 20 Nov or 20 Dec of 2016 (December makes more sense, if they thought they were already out of time for the MBG by the time it arrived, and fits with average delivery time-frames for goods purchased from China around October. Plus, they have two separate FB comments from the seller in question, listed as 'during the last 6 months', and none older than that).

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for that.. I will keep waiting for the pump.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply