Not receiving Items

aga036
Community Member

I keep getting notices that my item arrived in my capital city but then is returned. What's going on? 

• 'Your parcel has been returned to sender as we were unable to complete the delivery. Contact the sender for further details'.
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Not receiving Items

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you contacted the seller?

There is nothing anyone here can do without more details.....has the item been sent to the correct address?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Not receiving Items

Very hard for buyer and sellers who have nothing to do with it to make a guess

As suggested, have you contacted the sellers?

And as mentioned, is your address correct (and current) in both eBay and PayPal 

Are you buying items which cannot be sent to your state for 'Quarantine' reasons? (seeds for example) 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Not receiving Items

Yes I have contacted the seller twice. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Not receiving Items

I tried to add a screenshot on my reply above. It was a Facemask and on the ebay suggested it was located in Darwin but turns out it whas a China seller. I have used the same postal address for hundreds of items and many from China.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 2.37.13 PM.png

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Not receiving Items

Fastway (Aramex) couriers, there's your problem - they are renowned for not advising the customer by card that items are awaiting collection at a local depot.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Not receiving Items

If it's a facemask (ie one, not a whole box) then chances are the postage paid to Fastway would not cover the cost of delivery to your door, hence why it sat in the depot. Why they didn't contact you to let you know it is there is anyone's guess.

How far away are you from the Hobart depot? Did the original listing specify courier or Aust Post as the carrier?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Not receiving Items

As Far as I know it was with Australia Post. I have a Post Office Box delivery address and the town is perhaps 30 km away.

Going by the seller feedback many buyers never received items recently. 

@austfox wrote:

If it's a facemask (ie one, not a whole box) then chances are the postage paid to Fastway would not cover the cost of delivery to your door, hence why it sat in the depot. Why they didn't contact you to let you know it is there is anyone's guess.

How far away are you from the Hobart depot? Did the original listing specify courier or Aust Post as the carrier?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Not receiving Items

If the delivery address is a PO Box and the item is with Fastway then it is not possible for them to deliver it....only StarTrack can deliver to a PO Box.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Not receiving Items

I've learnt a fair bit from this forum. 

My now 4 items have reached Fastway depot in hobart and have been sent back to China.

I tried to only buy from Australian based sites as is described on the ordering page but alas some sellers are actually China based even though they state they are Australian.

I have also realised that postage service from China has been dirupted and items have been sent by courier.

I rang Fastway Hobart yesterday and was advised I could obtain an Australian Post srevice called PO Box Plus.

For $50 a year 50 items will be collected and delivered to my PO Box. Smiley Mad

I thought about doing this but have decided not to buy items from China and make sure they are Australian based items when I purchase.

It's been quite a learning curve so thank you one and all. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply