Obvious triangulation scam on Ebay continues to happen & Ebay refuse to give me a refund

I expect that this post will be removed by Ebay.....I would appreciate your feed back as victims of these scams.  I am $92.50 out of pocket and Ebay refuse to give me a refund.  I purchased dog food worth AU $92.50 from Ebay vendor. The goods were delivered to my local post office via a third party, who I had no knowledge of, and did not order from. This third party rang my post office and told them to NOT TO RELEASE THE GOODS, AND RETURN THEM. In the main, because they were told that the payment was unauthorised.  Ebay vendor appears to be  triangulation scammer . I paid funds to  Ebay vendor  and in turn the dog food was ordered YOUR vendor to the third-party vendor located in SHAILER PARK QLD with a stolen credit card, (triangulation scam) but nonetheless they were not the goods I ordered.
The fact that the third party vendor requested my post office to return the goods before I got them is not my fault, and has nothing to do with me. It is a direct result of your vendor generating justifiable suspicion in the mind of the third party vendor.  
To summarise, the third party vendor  located in SHAILER PARK QLD instructed the post office to return the goods to them because the card Ebay vendor used was not an authorised transaction. Presumably because they believed that ultimately their bank would reverse the payment to them. The post office made this clear to me, which also made me suspicious. In any event, the third party vendor did not want the goods released, and I did not did not receive them.  In the tracking you can clearly see the package was sent to my local Post office and then sent back to  REMOVED  located in SHAILER PARK QLD.
Under Ebays trading terms they guarantee to refund...fast. So far, all Ebay have done is stall, and hope I will give up and go-away. I wont be doing that.
Please note I have been able to identify another new company  operating on triangulation scam which I have repeatedly reported to Ebay to ensure other customers do not become victims, and they are still operating.
My message to you all BEWARE of triangulation scammers. 

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Obvious triangulation scam on Ebay continues to happen & Ebay refuse to give me a refund

On what basis have eBay refused a refund? Did you open an "item not received" case for the purchase?

If you have paid, and tracking shows the item has been redirected by the seller from the PO you were supposed to collect it from, what are eBay telling you? How soon after arrival were the good returned from the PO?

You're not allowed to name and shame sellers on the forums here - your post won't be removed, but a mod will edit out the seller details you have included. In future, simply provide the item number or item link only, as that is permitted.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Was the payment made by credit card through paypal or direct to seller? 

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Thanks Tassie terror - I will remove the names.

I have put in several cases and try to keep on with the process with all relevant info but they keep on refusing.  I did get refund on one of the items.  What troubles me most is they allow this to happen. 

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

through pay pal .it has been over a month and it is still being investigated - i hope it may be refunded, but it is totally unethical when you see these retailers just popping up and getting away with it.  Have you been scammed via this method daydreams?  thanks for your comments

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

From what you have stated it appears that the seller is dropshipping and having problems with his supplier judging by his feedback.

There is nothing wrong at all with that....ebay makes provision for dropshippers but it is fraught with problems if the supplier lets the ebay seller down.

If you made mention of the dropshipper in your disputes that is possibly cause for ebay to close it.

Your dispute is with the seller....all you needed to do was open a dispute and get your refund.

You mention multiple disputes.....if you have opened a dispute with ebay and with paypal that is grounds for both to be closed immediately.  They cannot be reopened.

If you have waited over a month for an investigation you have probably let it time out and it will be closed for lack of activity.

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

This used to be a problem with dog heartworm medication. Buyer would order on eBay and pay with PayPal, the seller would use a stolen credit card number to order online from a pet retailer and use the buyer's address details for delivery. The seller would get cleared PayPal funds long before the owner of the stolen credit card number would realise the unauthorised transaction(s).

How much feedback did your seller have, how long have they been a member?

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Item # 402261824648

Seller registered mid-April, currently has 4 negs, two of which are from the OP.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

correct.  thanks Tassie 🙂

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

Based on the sellers old listings, looks as though the were restricted, You have already filed a dispute but there's a huge backlog due to covid19, you should get your refund.

Just checking you escalated to paypal?
Message 10 of 34
Latest reply