One more issue

When I first started buying from ebay (3 mths ago), I bought a handbag from China & it was horrible & cheaply made. I left them a message stating the bag was in poor condition & they offered me $3.00 compensation. I said no thanks & because it was after 45 days, I just left a negative feedback & forgot about it. But in the last 6 weeks this seller has bombarded me with messages to remove the negative feedback, THEN they will give me a full refund. I keep telling the seller I will remove it when they refund me. But it keeps on going around & around, back & forth.  I don't want to hurt anyone's business, but what if I do what they want & they don't refund me?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One more issue

you can report the seller to ebay because they are harrassing you with emails regarding this - I experienced same thing 3 months ago over a supposedly coral bracelet  from China (should have known better - it was just coloured glass)- go through the report a member section in the Help & Contact  because you are actually being harrassed.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

One more issue

No do not change your feedback even if you get a refund.

They have simply racked up to many defects probably from selling shoddy goods the same as you received and are getting close to their defect limit. The likely hood they will refund you after you change feedback is very slim.
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

One more issue

you can report the seller to ebay because they are harrassing you with emails regarding this - I experienced same thing 3 months ago over a supposedly coral bracelet  from China (should have known better - it was just coloured glass)- go through the report a member section in the Help & Contact  because you are actually being harrassed.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

One more issue

I agree with Harley.

It has also happended to me with an INR case. They send these sickly sweet pleading messages to close the case long before the issue is resolved essentially trying to bribe you with refunds and free stuff ( which you will never see). I am firm and say " The case will be closed as soon as you have refunded me or the item arrives whichever comes first and NOT before." 

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

One more issue

Don't even bother to respond. He got was deserved. NEGATIVE. They ( Chinese Sellers ) flood the market with RUBBISH & expect  Positive. They are fast ruining ALL the online sites and until everyone wakes up to the fact, they will continue to do so.  Buy at your own risk !!!!

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

One more issue

I would agree to change the feedback once I received a full refund,

by then of course, the 60 days should well and truly have come and gone and you won't be able to change it, or you can change it to a neutral and still get your point across.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

One more issue

I have definitely learnt my lesson buying from Chinese sellers & find it very frustrating when they saturate the listings with their rubbish when I am looking to buy a decent products from decent, honest sellers. 🙂

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

One more issue

buy aussie on eBay as much as you can, that is the only way our sellers (who quite frankly have enough of an uneven playing field as it is on eBay) can ever hope to compete with the Chinese sellers.

At lease from an Oz seller you will have an acceptable postage time, the ability to contact and understand responses, not to mention if a return is necessary it wont break the bank.

There are no doubt dodgy sellers in all countrys, that is a given, but in Oz, at least you have a time frame you can work with, and in my experience most local sellers are awesome and go above and beyond because they treat you as a customer, not a number or a $ sign.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

One more issue

melibee49,

sorry to hear about the bag - but not surprised.

I don't know why were you surprised to find the bag in poor condition, cheaply made.

Don't know how much was it, most likely cheap for what it is, which is probably what influenced you as well when buying.

Ebay is full of cheap stuff from China, with free postage, people buy them and then complain that it looks "cheap".

How do you think anything would look that is sold for so little, with free postage?

Even if it was listed by an Australian seller.

Chinese people have the ability to make things perfectly, have a long head start hystorically above just about anyone, except maybe the Egyptians.

And the brains (genetically), that would eat just about all of us for breakfast.

In China, you can find some exqusite silks, leather, cashmere, wool, bone china, jewellery, gems (rated in quality best in the world), but not on Ebay as they are not stupid - knowing Ebay is not the right market for it (read it doesn't have the right clientelle for such items).

Stuff sold here is excatly what it is, mass produced, costs bugger all, they sell absolute tons of it - in spite of all the complaints.

Like it or not, they are the world force in ecconomy and they know exactly what they are doing!

Seems much better than us, or US or Europe.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

One more issue

I'm gunna go out on a limb here and go as far as to say, I would like to see the Chinese Rubbish sellers banned on ebay. I know that would be an impossibilty, but most have  buyers ( so you see it on the boards most days)  have had it  up to their gills with the antics and poor excuses with em. They play games,they sell fakes and dodgey items, they are crafty, manipulative and know that it is nearly impossible to send the garbage back to them. Vent over for now !!!

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply