Order Outside of 60 day period. Sent to Global Shipping. Any advice?

Hi all,

I placed an order on three items from the same seller last year, these were preorder items from Limited Run Games. Unfortunately the items production ended up delayed all through 2022. Now it's finally time for them to be sent, and it's running through the GSP. The seller has been great and communicative. Sharing proof of delivery to the GSP 12 days ago. In those 12 days neither of us have heard a delivery update from eBay, assuming they're still at GSP.

As it's been a whole year since placing the order, ebay support can't help either. I now know about the preorder policies from ebay, but it doesn't help for this order.

Has anyone been in a similar situation that could offer some advice/end results so I'm not going crazy waiting for a delivery that's stuck in some weird GSP limbo. Does it go back to sender? Or eventually reach me somehow with no tracking?

The shipment is US -> AUS. Hope everyone's having a good day!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should be fine, just be aware that once the parcel leaves the GSP hub the tracking number will change.

Use the link below for tracking.

https://www.17track.net/en

Edit. Just to add, I had a parcel sent by USPS a little while ago and the tracking was all over the place, sometimes saying "invalid tracking number", but the item did arrive eventually.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You say the seller has "Shared proof of delivery to the GSP 12 days ago".

Didn't they give you the tracking number ?  If they did then all you can do is hope and wait for the delivery, you're way out of time for any buyer protection anyway.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Easter might have caused delays?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Yeah it was a USPS tracking number to show that the item has reached the GSP, sorry I didn't clarify that perfectly.

Definitely out of buyer protection I know. Just after solace if anyone else has experienced something similar while I wait for any kind of update. If it doesn't arrive I'll have just learnt a lesson 👍

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You should be fine, just be aware that once the parcel leaves the GSP hub the tracking number will change.

Use the link below for tracking.

https://www.17track.net/en

Edit. Just to add, I had a parcel sent by USPS a little while ago and the tracking was all over the place, sometimes saying "invalid tracking number", but the item did arrive eventually.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Given it's been a year, if it doesn't arrive you are screwed. You've done your dough. No recourse from any avenue. 

I don't hold out much hope for you. Given a preorder is meant to be within a month or 2, the seller is probably scamming you, knowing there is absolutely nothing in the world you can do about it to make them refund. No ebay MBG, no PayPal, no credit card chargeback. Their feedback probably looks perfect, because they string buyers along long enough whereby they can't leave feedback. It's only afterwards buyers realise they've been scammed and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

I just hope for your sake it wasn't a lot of money, because it's unlikely you'll receive what you bought a year ago.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply