Order marked as sent in December, still haven't received it, seller not responding

I was wondering if I could get some advice. I bought an item from the US that hadn't yet been released back in December 2022 (item was expected to be released in February 2023, and it did). Its now April and I haven't received anything. The seller marked it as sent as soon as I bought it, and when I contacted him he said it was to prevent eBay from sending him reminders, but he will definitely send it as soon as its released.

The sale page has now expired and eBay isn't showing me any options other than to contact the seller, which I did 10 days ago and he hasn't responded to me.  Was I scammed out of $350? Do I have any recourse? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Order marked as sent in December, still haven't received it, seller not responding

Contact your card provider... start a chargeback.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Unfortunately I can't do that as its been more than 60 days and online banking does not allow me to do anything if its been more than 60 days. Guess I'll have to speak to the bank to see what can be done. Thank you.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

While your payment was funded via credit card, was it also made via paypal, if so you should still be in time for a claim via paypal

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have managed to lodge a dispute with the bank, will see how it goes. Thanks for the responses.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply