Ordered item and was sent item different to listing, seller refuses return.

zase_5472
Community Member

Attempted to order a headset online, specifically a 'Logitech G933 Black Over the Ear Headset', and when the order was processed the item sent was a microphone used for music recording. I attempted a return citing either an incorrect/false listing, or a technical glitch. However the seller was uncooperative and didn't reply until i took it up with eBay itself, but was shut down immediately.

Is there anymore i can do about this? Or should i just let the item arrive and then resell it at cost price?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Ordered item and was sent item different to listing, seller refuses return.

I've looked at the seller's completed listings back to 20th November and they haven't sold one of those in that period, so I'd say you must have purchased the wrong item somehow.

What I did see is the microphone below at the same price and sold on 30th November.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audio-Technica-ATR2100x-USB-Cardioid-Dynamic-XLR-Microphone-USB-A-USB-C-...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Thats the item they're sending me, but the page i ordered it on listed a gaming headset.

Here's the listing I ordered from

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/227325061

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

yes, looking at your link.....under MBG it says this:

The ATR2100x-USB is a versatile content creation microphone, designed for live performance, podcasting, and voiceover use. Its cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and rear. SEE DETAILS (click on that it takes you to the mic)

I think seller has 'stuffed up' with their listing
Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Okay, thanks for that. Upon checking that i probably should have picked up on the disrepencies when i went to order it.

Is there anyway i can return the item based on that error with the listing?

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

yes...the picture & description are NOT for the item you're getting....they are for the headset
Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

Take a screenshot....it was (probably) a multi-listing....BUT the headset is the LAST ONE, so something is amiss, as there are photos of the mic & also cables if you go to the extra photos.

Could also be an eBay error??

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

I took some screenshots as soon as i realised something was amiss, and a recording demonstrating the issue as well.

Unfortunately i can't seem to make an appeal in my case, which was closed by the seller.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

when you get the item....do a 'live chat' with ebay & explain the circumstances.....bring their attention to this thread.....if you have no luck, you will have to dispute through PayPal (you have 180 days there)
Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

If you do have to go through Paypal you must activate the return postage offer before opening a case with them, or else you could be up for the return postage costs.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

In saying that a good seller would accept the return without you having to go down that path.

Good luck with it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks for the help, i'll look into postage ahead of time just in case.

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply