PLEASE HELP: i am new at Ebay

Please, i need help with two items i have purchased off Ebay,

1. 1st purchase from india: AWESOME RUBYLITE DESIGNER 925 SILVER NECKLACE 170Ct (171051681597)

*** | 484 | 96.7%
Sale date: 11/06/13
Tracking number: --
This user is no longer registered on eBay.[ the user was registered at the time of purchase] it has been 4 wks and i have sent emails and no reply from seller and still havent received item

2. 2nd purchase from china:  original post :
Women Tote Handbag Authentic Genuine Leather Boston Shoul...

*** | 505 | 98.8%

AU $32.00

Free postage

Ended

this is what i see when i go to my purchase history and also with paypal it states in my invoice + $15.00 postage:

Women Tote Handbag Authentic Genuine Leather Boston Shoul... (141005547443)

*** | 505 | 98.8%

Sale date: 07/07/13
Tracking number: --

AU $32.00

+ AU $15.00

postage

the original post states free postage and the 2nd post after i purchased states $15.00 postage

how can i resolve both, i have emailed both of the sellers and no replies.

the tote bag has to be paid within 7 days or they will cancel the order,

i have read a lot of posts where sellers/purchasers do not abide by the rules given to them by ebay shouldnt sellers/buyers honour their sales/purchases? do i have to pay the postage fees? what do i do when i pay n do not receive the above item?

also is this Misrepresentation in which a seller states this, From beijing china: location united states: GBP postage [which is nearly double the postage fee]   eg. GBP 12.15  AU $19.89

examples of misrepresentation of location include:

Stating item is located in Sydney when actually located in Hong Kong
Stating item is in false location – e.g. California, Australia, rather than California USA
Stating location that is not geographic.

thank you yours sincerely newbieSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PLEASE HELP: i am new at Ebay

For the first one, did you pay with paypal?

If yes then open a dispute for item not received and escalate to a claim as soon as the system allows you too to get your money back.

The 2nd issue the $15 postage is if you want quicker postage option so can you pick the postage when you go to pay?

If not then ask the seller to send the invoice with the free postage and if you do not hear from them just move on and do not pay.

If they open a non payer dispute you can appeal it and the strike will be removed.

They can not just cancel a sale unless you agree to the cancellation and if they send a request to cancel click on decline.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

For the first one, did you pay with paypal?

If yes then open a dispute for item not received and escalate to a claim as soon as the system allows you too to get your money back.

The 2nd issue the $15 postage is if you want quicker postage option so can you pick the postage when you go to pay?

If not then ask the seller to send the invoice with the free postage and if you do not hear from them just move on and do not pay.

If they open a non payer dispute you can appeal it and the strike will be removed.

They can not just cancel a sale unless you agree to the cancellation and if they send a request to cancel click on decline.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

thank you for your prompt reply'
yes purchases through pay pal and have sent two emails explaining the postage situation and no replies.
also is the Misrepresentation statement EG. from beijing china: location united states: GBP postage against ebay rules i cant understand that they can state that the items are from china, the poerson lives in USA and uses GBP as postage.
please correct me if i am wrong but i feel the postage is way out of bounds between china USA and GBP postage?
thank you for your reply
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Never believe a cheap handbag or jewellery are genuine. Even if you end up with these items you may find out they are junk.

TCT
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The currency depends on the site that the item is listed on.

The seller can live in the USA, China, Australia or anywhere else in the world but if they list on the UK ebay site then the listing willshow in the currency of the site..

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I received an email from the seller and really do not know how to reply to him/her, shall i believe the excuse or not? Am i obliged to pay the postage? Or do i send an email explaining the terms of agreement and decline?
Thank you all for being patient

Dear meladywendy,

dear friend
i so sorry reply you late,
i go outside and just come
back,
and i see your question,
because from july 01 all of china the
shipping company they rise the shipping fee,
our store make some adjust
for the shipping,we hope you can understand.

our this bag is made by
genuine cow leather,the cost for the bag is more tan $50.0
and the
shipping fee also rise $30 than when we list this item,
that's why our
ebay store send you invoice for $15.0 charge as shipping fee,we also take
another half,

we cherish our every customer,of couse you too,and we do
not want you misunderstanding,
if you insist do not pay this half of the
rise shipping fee,
we also can ship the bag to you,please let us
know.

but we hope you can understand us.

thanks a lot!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

If the listing states that overseas postage is free the seller isn't allowed to charge extra. If you don't want to complete the transaction tell the seller. It's too late for a seller to change or add anything after an auction ends.

TCT
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I would leave them a neg feedback and move on.

If they open a non payer dispute and issue a strike you can appeal it and it will be removed.

If China has raised the postage by that much then why are Chinese sellers still listing with free postage on cheap items and not raising their item price to compensate for such a huge rise?

Sorry it sounds like a load of the proverbial and they will even tell you they may lose their job or have no money to feed the kids to get you to pay.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

if I was looking at the correct listing they offer free post (economy delivery.12-21 days)  $15.00 standard delivery 7-11 days) and local pickup in australia Smiley LOL

but then I dont see pound or anything. All AU dollars and item and seller located in China. So I could be looking at the wrong bag

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply