PLUME15 Discount code not working

Hi all

Everyone having the same problem with the current PLUME15 discount code not being accepted? I've spoken to eBay customer support and they don't know how to resolve it and the seller is unwilling to manually apply the discount.
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The seller can't apply the discount.

It's an ebay discount, not theirs.

Have you read, and meet all the T & C's?

It's only for selected sellers

https://pages.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/plume15/

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is an ebay sponsored discount the seller has nothing to do with it and cannot manually apply it.

It has to be applied at checkout when using paypal.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you to the both of you for replying. Yes I have read the terms & conditions & both sellers are on that list. The code is clearly advertised on both the listings. The code doesn't work with either seller. Iโ€™ve spoken to a Marlyn at eBay customer support on the phone and not even she knows why it doesn't work. So she advised me to request the seller to manually apply the discount to the invoice, which of course the seller isn't sure if they can do so one of their account managers are apparently looking into it?
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

A lot of ebay reps are hopeless at just about everything and yours sounds worse than most. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about or they'd know that the seller can't apply the discount.

With ebay vouchers and discount codes, the seller gets paid the full amount but the buyer pays for part of it and ebay pays for the discounted part. How on earth would anyone expect a seller to apply a discount on ebay's behalf and still get paid the full amount? If an ebay rep thinks that can be done then they have absolutely no idea how these particular discounts work.

A lot of things don't work properly on Friday afternoons so perhaps you could try again later. I assume you were using the cart when you were trying to buy. I don't believe you can get the discount if you use the buy-it-now button to buy.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply brerrabbit585. Neither the buy it now nor the cart works. One of the sellers reckon it's because my eBay account allegedly was first registered in the US, even though I created this account in Aus 6 years ago and has never not lived in the US. The seller reckons eBay should fix it. Guess what eBay has no idea how to and they also reckon this has nothing to do with it.

It just amazes me how eBay can advertise 15% discount yet it is impossible to use it. I wonder if I should take matters further?
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Apologies I have never lived in the US
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

The seller is 100% correct, eBay are responsible 

Have you used the 'have us call you option' and asked to speak to a supervisor?

The staff in the call center just read from a script and their aim is to get rid of callers as quickly as possible  and are experts at 'passing the buck' 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

were you on the USA site when purchasing? That has happened to me....even though the buyer was in Aus they purchased via USA site....and nearly everything went pear-shaped.....no fault to either the buyer or seller
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you to the both of you for replying. Yes I have read the terms & conditions & both sellers are on that list. The code is clearly advertised on both the listings. The code doesn't work with either seller. Iโ€™ve spoken to a Marlyn at eBay customer support on the phone and not even she knows why it doesn't work. So she advised me to request the seller to manually apply the discount to the invoice, which of course the seller isn't sure if they can do so one of their account managers are apparently looking into it?
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply